HELIOS Endo-Hospital Hamburg
HELIOS Endo-Hospital Hamburg is part of the HELIOS Hospital Group, which has a network of 111 hospitals. The combined group treats around 4.5 million patients each year, with over 34,000 beds and 68,000 staff.
HELIOS Endo-Hospital Hamburg performs around 7,000 surgeries each year and has performed more than 140,000 joint replacement surgeries since its establishment in 1976.
The hospital has 9 departments, which include orthopaedics, spinal surgery, neurology, radiology, physiotherapy, internal medicine, anaesthesiology, intensive care, and sports medicine. The hospital also has its own rehabilitation center for patients recovering after surgery.
HELIOS Endo-Hospital Hamburg provides free WiFi, a TV in patient rooms, places for religious practice, airport pick-up and drop-off, and visa assistance.
HELIOS Endo-Hospital Hamburg is located 11 km from Hamburg International Airport, which is accessible via public transportation. The nearest train station to the hospital is the S-Bahn Hamburg Reeperbahn station, which is located just 500 m away.
The Alster Lake, an area with a variety of parks, cafe's, and historical buildings can be reached within 4 km of the hospital.
Hamburg is home to one of Europe's most luxurious shopping districts located in Neustadt, 4 km away from the hospital. The city's many river canals and winding streets offer a wide variety of shopping experiences from casual to luxury brand fashion, technology, and furniture.
IQM initiative qualitätsmedizin
International Society of Orthopaedic Centers
132 procedures across 8 specialties
Abscess Debridement+ More
Achilles Tendon Rupture+ More
Acromioclavicular Joint Repair+ More
>Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation(19 procedures)
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Treatment+ More
Decompression Therapy+ More
>Spinal Surgery(10 procedures)
Cervical Spondylosis Treatment+ More
Kyphosis Treatment+ More
Lumbar Disc Disease Treatment+ More
Pain Management+ More
Spina Bifida Consultation+ More
>General Medicine(1 procedure)
Medical Examination+ More
A medical examination, also called medical checkup or health checkup, is a general examination of a patient's health. Having a medical checkup can help to identify problems early on, even before symptoms show. A checkup can also give patients peace of mind if they are worried about their health.
3 - 4 days
Medical checkups can be combined with sightseeing or shopping trips.
- Learn more about Medical Examination
Peripheral Nerve Surgery+ More
Primary Bone Cancer Treatment+ More
Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment+ More
Rheumatoid arthritis treatment aims to alleviate symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis through medication, therapy, or surgery. Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disorder that is characterized by pain, swelling, and stiffness in the joints in the body. It mainly affects the joints in the hands and feet, but can also occur in other parts of the body. Areas of the body may become deformed as a result of the condition, and this is commonly seen in the hands and feet.
The amount of time spent abroad depends on the type of treatment the patient undergoes.
- Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
More about available treatments at HELIOS Endo-Hospital Hamburg
The hospital performs a range of specialized orthopaedic and spinal surgeries such as knee replacement, hip replacement, spinal hematoma treatment, lumbar spondylosis treatment, carpal tunnel surgery, rotator cuff surgery, knee ligament surgery (ACL), rheumatoid arthritis treatment, bone tumor removal and ganglion cyst removal.
The team at HELIOS Endo-Hospital Hamburg is comprised of orthopaedic and spinal surgery specialists, with the average number of staff having more than 15 years experience in their respective fields. Many of the team members have received international training and are members of various national and international medical associations.
Languages spoken at the hospital include German, English, and Russian. Interpretation services are available upon patient request.
Prof. Dr. med. Thorsten Gehrke
- Graduated with a degree in medicine from the University of Hamburg in 1987
- Lecturer of sports medicine at Medical School Hamburg (MSH) since 2010
- Medical director at HELIOS Endo-Hospital Hamburg since 2005
- Particular expertise in performing aseptic and septic hip and knee revision surgery, hip and knee replacement surgery, and sports medicine
Dr. med. Jochen Plutat
- Completed his medical studies at the University of Hamburg
- Dr. Plutat is one of the longest tenured docters at the Hamburg Clinic for more than 20 years
- his areas of expertise lie in the hip and knee endoprosthetics, especially in the area of reconstructive methods on extensive bone substance loss and osseous defects.
- Is a member of the European Hip Society (EHS) and in the Alliance of German Surgeons (Bund Deutscher Chirurgen, BDC)
Dr. med. Alaa Aljawabra
- Before coming to Germany, he studied medicine in Damascus
- Has acquired his experience for orthopaedics and trauma surgery with a focus on endoprosthetics at the Helios Endo-Clinic Hamburg
- Is a senior physician for orthopaedics at the clinic
- His primary focus areas are hip and knee endoprosthetics, as well as complete aseptic reconstructions, especially reconstructions with artificial bones and other special implants
Dr. med. Ralf Hempelmann
- Completed his medical training at the University of Kiel
- Is a specialist in neurological and spinal surgery at the clinic
- Performs roughly 350 inpatient procedures and conducts on average 1,250 outpatient examinations per year
- In 2010, he joined the clinic where he is currently a department head.
- Is a member of the German Spine Society, the German Society of Neurosurgery and the German Cancer Society.
Dr. med. Götz von Foerster
- Completed his medical studies in Heidelberg and Göttingen before going to the general hospital St. Georg in Hamburg in 1969. There he graduated and completed his specialisation for trauma surgery with Prof. Hans-Wilhelm Buchholz, the founder of the ENDO-Clinic. In the same year Dr. von Foerster joined to the newly founded ENDO-Clinic and worked there as a senior physician and chief physician.
- in 1989 he was voted medical director of the clininc
- In 2005 he changed to the Tabea hospital as chief physician and medical director
- Since 2014 he is the head physician at the Helios-Endo Clinic Hamburg
- Is member of the Society for Endoprosthetics and member of the European Orthopaedic Research Society
Dr. med. Christian Ansorge
- Completed his degree in Medicine at the University of Rostock and University of Hamburg from 1987 - 1995
- In 2002 begin his tenure at the Hamburg clinic
- 2003 appointed physician for manual therapy
- Became a specialist for Orthopaedics in 2004
Dr. med. Jörg Neumann
- Completed his studies at the University of Saarlandes
Dr. med. Volker Jonen
- Completed his studies at the Christina- Albrechts University of Kiel
- Treatment of periprosthetic infections, endoprosthetic primary care and exchange surgeries of the hip and knee of all degrees
Dr. med. Akos Zahar
- Completed his studies at the University of Wien, and Semmelweis University Budapest
- Primary- and revision hip arthroplasty, Primary- and revision knee arthroplasty, Septic revision of the large joints
- Member of the European Bone and Joint Infection Society (EBJIS)
A very good experience overallPatient name hidden Egypt Kyphosis Treatment
Verified Review This review was provided by a patient that booked using the MEDIGO platform. It was submitted through our internal review system and is 100% genuine
80September 2019Patient name hidden Egypt Kyphosis Treatment