ATOS Clinic Heidelberg
ATOS Clinic Heidelberg was the first clinic established by the ATOS group, with a multi-disciplinary, expert team of doctors. Over the past 25 years, the clinic has treated thousands of patients, from local patients to international patients and professional athletes who seek out the clinic’s specialist team. The clinic specializes particularly in orthopedic procedures, as well as other related fields.
The clinic’s state-of-the-art facilities include advanced technical equipment and five operating rooms. Patients are supported with 24-hour care and an expansive nursing team, with only 4-6 patients per nurse. The multidisciplinary team all work under the same roof, which means that patients benefit from short walking distances and waiting times during check-ups and other treatment. Each patient is fitted with an individualized treatment plan from a team of multidisciplinary doctors, ensuring that health is approached holistically and comprehensively.
ATOS Clinic Heidelberg is located in Heidelberg, Germany. The clinic is 80 km or an approximate 50-minute drive from the large, international Frankfurt Airport, or alternatively 17 km or an approximate 20-minute drive from City Airport Mannheim. Heidelberg is also well connected to the rest of Germany, with high speed railway and bus links.
The clinic is located in the friendly, central district of Heidelberg, with many useful amenities close by, including restaurants, cafés, banks and ATMs, hotels, supermarkets, pharmacies and even a library.
ATOS Clinic Heidelberg has its own patient rooms which are bright, modern and inviting, and available in the form of single, double and triple rooms as well as several luxury rooms and suites. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, a radio, mini-bar, and a comfortable sitting area for patients and their visitors, as well as a modern infotainment system and WiFi throughout the clinic. There are no fixed visiting times, and there is also an ATOS Lounge which offers its own coffee and snacks.
English, German, Czech, French
81 procedures across 7 specialties
Achilles Tendon Rupture+ More
Ankle Arthroscopy+ More
Ankle Fracture Treatment+ More
>Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation(4 procedures)
Orthopedic Rehabilitation+ More
Physical Therapy+ More
Physical Therapy Consultation+ More
>Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery(16 procedures)
Arm Lift+ More
Breast Implant Revision+ More
Breast Implants+ More
>Spinal Surgery(10 procedures)
Artificial Disc Replacement+ More
Cervical Spondylosis Treatment+ More
Cerebral Palsy Management+ More
Spina Bifida Consultation+ More
Microvascular Decompression (MVD)+ More
Peripheral Nerve Surgery+ More
>Podiatric Medicine(1 procedure)
Orthotics Treatment+ More
See 1 type of Orthotics Treatment procedures:
More about available treatments at ATOS Clinic Heidelberg
Though the clinic started its practice with a focus on orthopedics, it has since expanded its fields to include dermatology, diabetes, proctology, endocrinology, oral surgery, neurology, plastic and esthetic surgery, and phlebology. This means that the multidisciplinary team work together to provide a holistic view of health, and will often consult with one another on how to best fit a patient’s needs. Comprehensive diagnostics and check-ups are also available at ATOS Clinic Heidelberg.
The clinic’s expert doctors work closely with nursing, admission and administrative staff to provide comprehensive, round-the-clock care for every patient, making them feel as comfortable and at home as possible. ATOS Clinic Heidelberg’s doctors are regularly ranked in the FOCUS list as some of the best doctors in Germany, and the staff are regularly consulted internationally for their expertise and speciality in their fields. Doctors at the clinic regularly attend and organize their own specialist conferences to further expand and share their knowledge.
Dr. Hajo Thermann
- Specializes in surgery and traumatology
- Medical Director of the ATOS Clinic Heidelberg
- Focuses on foot and knee surgery, modern arthroplasty, cartilage surgery, meniscus surgery, fracture care, Achilles tendon surgery, and more
- Faculty member at Hannover Medical School
Dr. Sven Lichtenberg
- Deputy Medical Director at ATOS Clinic Heidelberg
- Specializes in orthopedics, traumatology, and sports medicine
- Since 1999, has focused exclusively on the surgery of shoulder and elbow joints
Prof. Dr. Holger Schmitt
- Specializes in orthopedics, traumatology, hip, knee and ankle joints, sports traumatology and rheumatology
- Supervises all sports-orthopedic and sports traumatology issues at the clinic
Dr. Wolfram Wenz
- Specializes in orthopedics, traumatology and pediatric orthopedics
- Foot and ankle specialist
- World-renowned specialist in correcting complex deformities with a functional reconstruction
Prof. Dr. Fritz Thorey
- Specialist in orthopedics, sports medicine, hip reconstruction, hip arthroscopy, endoprosthetics and more
- German representative of the European Hip Society
- Faculty member at Hannover Medical School