Fortis Hospital Bangalore
Fortis Hospital Bangalore belongs to Fortis Healthcare Limited, a leading integrated healthcare provider with a total of 54 healthcare facilities located in India, Dubai, Mauritius, and Sri Lanka. Collectively, the group has approximately 10,000 patient beds and 260 diagnostic centers.
Fortis Hospital Bangalore is a 400-bed multi-specialty hospital that has become one of the leading multi-specialty hospitals in India. The hospital, which has been accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in the US, provides tertiary care in over 40 specialties including cardiology, bariatric surgery, orthopedics, neurology, nephrology, oncology, vascular surgery, and internal medicine.
The hospital provides a number of services for international patients including medical record translation, interpreter services, visa assistance, assistance with local activity booking, and both airport and hotel pick-up and drop-off. Patients are provided with free WiFi, a television in each room, and special dietary requests are catered to. The hospital also provides accommodation for family members if required.
Fortis Hospital Bangalore is located 44 km away from Kempegowda International Airport, which is served by a number of bus routes. The nearest bus stop to the hospital is the HSBC stop, just 130 meters away. There are a variety of shops and restaurants within the vicinity of the hospital.
Bangalore, also known as Bengaluru, is the capital of Karnataka state and has plenty of cultural attractions to offer. Bannerghatta National Park, which was founded in 1971 and is home to a variety of exotic tigers, lions, bears, and other wildlife, is located 19 km from the hospital.
Wonderla Amusement Park, an attraction popular for its water slides and amusement rides, is located 32 km away from Fortis Hospital Bangalore.
Joint Commission International
250 procedures across 27 specialties
>Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)(8 procedures)
Cochlear Implant+ More
See 2 types of Cochlear Implant:
Cochlear Implant (One Ear)
Cochlear Implant (Both Ears)
Laryngeal Surgery+ More
>General Surgery(6 procedures)
Hernia Repair+ More
See 2 types of Hernia Repair:
Laparoscopic Hernia Repair
Bilateral Inguinal Hernia Repair with Prolene Mesh
Hiatal Hernia Surgery+ More
>Reproductive Medicine(6 procedures)
Assisted Hatching+ More
Fertility Preservation+ More
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)+ More
See 1 type of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedures:
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) with ICSI
>Bariatric Surgery(5 procedures)
Bariatric Surgery Consultation+ More
Gastric Balloon Treatment+ More
Gastric Band Surgery+ More
Aortic Stenosis Treatment+ More
Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Closure+ More
Bentall Procedure+ More
Dental Checkup+ More
Dental Implant+ More
>Diagnostic Imaging(7 procedures)
Abdominal Ultrasound+ More
Bone Mineral Densitometry (BMD)+ More
Chest X-Ray+ More
Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)+ More
Breast Biopsy+ More
Cervical Cerclage+ More
Cerebral Palsy Management+ More
Epilepsy Treatment+ More
Trigeminal Neuralgia Treatment+ More
Brain Aneurysm Repair+ More
Brain Tumor Surgery+ More
Chiari Malformation Treatment+ More
Acute Leukemia Treatment+ More
Benign Soft Tissue Tumor Treatment+ More
Bile Duct Cancer Treatment+ More
Cataract Surgery+ More
Detached Retina Treatment+ More
Glaucoma Treatment+ More
Ankle Fracture Treatment+ More
Avascular Necrosis (AVN) Treatment+ More
Benign Bone Tumor Removal+ More
>Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery(10 procedures)
Arm Lift+ More
Breast Implants+ More
Breast Reconstruction+ More
>Spinal Surgery(24 procedures)
Artificial Disc Replacement+ More
Cervical Disc Disease Treatment+ More
Cervical Spondylosis Treatment+ More
Bladder Neck Incision (BNI)+ More
Bladder Stone Removal+ More
>Vascular Medicine(14 procedures)
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair+ More
Chemical Peel+ More
Laser Tattoo Removal+ More
Kidney Transplant (Living Related Donor)+ More
Nephrology Consultation+ More
Allergy Testing+ More
>Colorectal Medicine(1 procedure)
>General Medicine(1 procedure)
>Laboratory Medicine(1 procedure)
Blood Tests+ More
Bone Marrow Aspiration+ More
>Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation(1 procedure)
Chiropractic Adjustment+ More
More about available treatments at Fortis Hospital Bangalore
As a multi-specialist hospital, Fortis Hospital Bangalore performs a range of specialist procedures including high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU), brachytherapy, gastric bypass surgery, coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery, and kidney transplant amongst others.
The hospital uses modern techniques and state-of-the-art technologies such as trans-radial angioplasty, trans-abdominal cardiac techniques, and computerized TKR (total knee replacement) navigation systems.
The cardiology department offers advanced diagnostics, with some of the top cardiology consultants in India. The team are experienced in performing minimally invasive surgery, as well as open heart surgeries including coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery.
The team at Fortis Hospital Bangalore is comprised of 150 experienced consultants and 1,000 medical staff. Many of the doctors have undergone international education and training and are experts in their respective fields.
Doctors and nurses are regularly sent on training courses and attend workshops, in order to further their specialty skills and adhere to the high standard of care delivered by the hospital. Staff at the hospital speak English, as well as many languages of India. Interpreter services are available upon patient request.
Dr. Shabeer Ahmed
- Specializes in bariatric surgery, with more than 20 years of experience in the field
- Particular expertise in gastrointestinal and laparoscopic surgery
- Acknowledged as a teacher and mentor by the Association of Laparoscopic Surgery (ALS) in the UK
Dr. Vikranth Veeranna
- Specializes in interventional cardiology, with more than 10 years of experience in the field
- Has performed more than 3,000 cardiology procedures, including complex angioplasties
- Particular expertise and interest in coronary angioplasties for heart attack patients and transradial interventions
Dr. Raghavendra Sudheendra
- Specializes in maxillofacial surgery, with more than 13 years of experience in the field
- Has performed more than 14,000 endodontic procedures
Dr. Susheen Dutt
- Consultant ENT specialist at Fortis Hospital Bangalore
- Particular expertise in endonasal sinus and tumor surgery
- Special interest in minimally invasive approaches to nasal cavity and skull base tumors
Dr. Jayasree Kailasam
- Specializes in internal medicine
- Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Certified as a specialist in treating headaches by the United Council of Neurological Subspecialties (UCNS), USA
- Particular expertise in the management of complicated headaches and migraines and preventive health care
Dr. Despande V. Rajakumar
- Director of the Department of Neurosurgery at Fortis Hospital Bangalore
- First neurosurgeon in Bangalore to perform pedicle screw fixation for spinal injuries
- Particular expertise in minimally invasive brain and spinal surgery
- Special interest in brain tumors, skull base tumors, and cerebrovascular diseases
- Has presented and published papers at the International Congress of the Skull Base Society, San Diego, USA
Dr. Aditi Bhatt
- Specializes in oncology, with more than 10 years of experience in the field
- Has performed more than 1,000 major cancer related surgeries
- Particular expertise in treating peritoneal cancers (stage 4 cancers)
- First surgeon in the south of India to perform hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC)
Dr. Mohan R. Mithare
- Specializes in ophthalmology, with more than 40 years of experience in the field
- Awarded the Indian Medical Association's Award
Dr. PC Jagdeesh
- Specializes in sports medicine, with over 12 years of experience in the field
- Particular expertise in complex ligament reconstruction for the knee and rotator cuff, as well as surgery of the shoulder, elbow, ankle, and hip
- Special interest in arthroscopy
External Reviews from Google
Yathish Be, November 2019
Best Hospital in India! And the staffs are awesome and well caring.
A special thanks to Dr. S S Prharaj he is really great surgeon, he was explained me very clearly before and after surgery of my Friend.
He recovered within 2 days started walking it's really amazing life given by doctor.
🙏 Thanks for everything.
Uma Goudar, October 2019
Doctors and staff are very caring and supportive. We got deluxe room and was well maintained. Good, water, coffee tea everything served to the room and the attendee can concentrate on the patient.
Nurses are caring and will have smile on the face even in night duty. Really appreciate their service. Thank you.
Room cleanliness is maintained and everyday bedsheets are changed.
Hospital is taking care of everything about patient and attendee. Though we are in pain due to sick but hospital staff make sure to give all support make our stay smooth.
Parking, cafeteria, ATM, pharmacy available.
Dipika Kapadia, October 2019
I was admitted to Fortis for a routine procedure. Dr. Raju, my surgeon was excellent. Kind and knowledgeable. I have no problem with the doctors here.
But the facilities and housekeeping is another matter - in spite of getting an Executive room, I encountered many problems. Room cupboard had no keys (key was made 24 hours after I checked in), clock was not working, bathroom towel hook was missing. TV doesn’t work.
Housekeeping would forget to replenish toilet paper and towels. It took very long to get service. For such an expensive hospital, there aren’t even electric beds available.
I feel the housekeeping staff is either poorly trained or not trained to care for patients. For what this room costs, I could be in a Marriott. Feel let down.
chirag s, September 2019
I had a great experience throughout my treatment at Fortis hospital Bannerghatta Road.I think this is one of the best hospitals in Bangalore and especially south Bangalore.
Best doctors and nursing staff I have seen, Nursing staff are overworked. Patient was treated immediately with all required medications. Staffs are very helpful. Overall excellent experience... Each and everyone has taken care very well and the entire team has given excellent support and Food for patients is also good...
But worst insurance claim experience. Insurance person says the claim is approved but Fortis staff says they have not got any update. This process went on for 1 complete day. Bill processing is an hectic process where the person responsible takes 4hrs to process the bill.
Sarang Pande, September 2019
I had a great experience throughout my treatment at Fortis hospital Bannerghatta Road.
The entire process from start to finish was fabulous! And I'm not saying this because just like that! I've had multiple surgeries here and my family members have also been treated by Fortis Hospital.
I think this is one of the best hospitals in Bangalore and especially south Bangalore.
Food for patients is also good.
A special mention for the canteen at Fortis. It's amazing! Really good food for the family members at reasonable prices.
The doctors, housekeeping and nursing staff are amazing too.
And most importantly the hospital is neat, clean and well maintained.
I would recommend this hospital to everyone, especially if you stay in South Bangalore!
Hope you like my review!
If you found this review helpful please leave a like.