Medanta - The Medicity
A quote includes a treatment plan and price estimate.
The MediCity is a multi-specialty medical complex founded by Dr. Naresh Trehan, a leading cardiac surgeon. The complex, spread over 43 acres, boasts 20 medical specialties including ophthalmology, gynecology, internal medicine, and ENT surgery. It has over 1250 patient beds, including 350 critical care beds, and 45 operating theaters.
The hospital offers many services to international patients including visa assistance, airport pick up and drop off, a business center, interpreter services, after care rehabilitation options, and international cuisines. There is free WiFi, a pharmacy, laundry services and a range of accommodation on offer, including disability access rooms. All rooms come with a TV and phone.
The Medicity complex is located in Gurgaon and is 18 km from the Indira Gandhi International Airport which is accessible via taxi, public transport, or organized pickup. The nearest train station to The MediCity is the Gurgaon stop, 6 km away.
Gurgaon is a city in the Indian state of Haryana located just south of the capital city of New Delhi. The Sultanpur National Park is a peaceful park located just outside of the city center, which offers a lake, plenty of green space, and bird watching opportunities. It is 17 km away from the hospital.
New Delhi, India’s capital city, is located just 30 km away from the MediCity complex. Patients can come here to visit the Mughal-era Red Fort, often considered a defining symbol of India, or the large Jama Masjid mosque. There is also the opportunity to visit the Chandni Chowk, a vibrant bazaar filled with street food and spice stalls.
Joint Commission International
160 procedures across 15 specialties
>General Medicine(1 procedure)
Bone Marrow Transplant+ More
A bone marrow transplant is performed to replace damaged or destroyed bone marrow. Bone marrow may stop functioning as a result of diseases such as aplastic anemia or sickle cell anemia, or from being destroyed by chemotherapy or radiation therapy used to treat cancer or other diseases.
4 - 8 weeks
The length of hospital stay required varies with each type of transplant performed and with each patient.
- Learn more about Bone Marrow Transplant
>Bariatric Surgery(3 procedures)
Gastric Balloon Treatment+ More
Gastric ballon treatment involves inserting a deflated ballon into the stomach and then inflating it, in order to help lose weight. The balloon serves the purpose of limiting food intake by taking up space in the stomach and thus creating a sense of fullness after eating small amounts of food.
1 - 5 days
Patients may experience some pain, nausea or discomfort in the first days after insertion, therefore may need to rest before traveling.
- Learn more about Gastric Balloon Treatment
Gastric Band Surgery+ More
Gastric band surgery is a weight-loss surgery which uses an inflatable silicone band to create a small gastric pouch in the stomach, slowing down food consumption and limiting food intake. The surgery is performed to help patients with weight-loss after non-surgical methods such as change of diet and regular exercise, have failed to produce results.
The doctor should ensure that the patients condition is stable enough to travel.
- Learn more about Gastric Band Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery+ More
Gastric bypass surgery is performed to help patients to lose weight by reducing the size of the stomach. The surgery is performed to help patients with weight-loss after non-surgical methods such as change of diet and regular exercise, have failed to produce results.
Flying after surgery can increase the risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and patients will need to be cleared by the surgeon before flying.
- Learn more about Gastric Bypass Surgery
Aortic Stenosis Treatment+ More
Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Closure+ More
Bentall Procedure+ More
Gynecologic Laparoscopy+ More
A hysterectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove the uterus (womb). It is performed to treat a variety of different conditions, heavy periods, pelvic pain, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, uterine cancer, fibroids (benign tumors), endometriosis, and chronic pelvic pain. Hysterectomies are most commonly performed in women above the age of 40.
1 - 3 weeks
Patients will likely need several weeks before they are fit to travel following a hysterectomy.
- Learn more about Hysterectomy
Cerebral Palsy Management+ More
Epilepsy Treatment+ More
Epilepsy treatment aims to treat and manage epilepsy, a neurological disorder that can cause seizures that can lead to loss of consciousness or strange behavior. Epilepsy occurs when there is an abnormality in the brain, whereby nerve cell activity increases and disrupts neuron activity.
The time spent abroad depends on the type of epilepsy treatment that the patient receives.
- Learn more about Epilepsy Treatment
Trigeminal Neuralgia Treatment+ More
Brain Aneurysm Repair+ More
Brain aneurysm repair is a surgical procedure performed to repair a brain aneurysm that has the potential to rupture, or has already ruptured.
Time spent abroad depends on the type of brain aneurysm being treated. Unruptured aneurysms tend to have a quicker recovery process than ruptured aneurysms.
- Learn more about Brain Aneurysm Repair
Brain Tumor Surgery+ More
Brain tumor surgery is performed by a neurosurgeon to remove all or part of a tumor from the brain.
6 - 8 weeks
This depends on the surgery performed, whether the patient needs rehabilitation, and on how well the patient recovers.
- Learn more about Brain Tumor Surgery
Chiari Malformation Treatment+ More
Acute Leukemia Treatment+ More
Leukemia is a type of cancer that affects the blood cells in the body. It usually begins in the bone marrow where an abnormality occurs in the white blood cells. Normal blood cells form, divide, and die to make room for new cells. Leukemia disrupts this process and prevents the blood cells from functioning properly.
The length of stay abroad will depend on the treatment plan and the patient's response to treatment.
- Learn more about Acute Leukemia Treatment
Benign Soft Tissue Tumor Treatment+ More
Bile Duct Cancer Treatment+ More
Ankle Fracture Treatment+ More
Avascular Necrosis (AVN) Treatment+ More
Benign Bone Tumor Removal+ More
>Spinal Surgery(24 procedures)
Artificial Disc Replacement+ More
Cervical Disc Disease Treatment+ More
Cervical Spondylosis Treatment+ More
Bladder Neck Incision (BNI)+ More
Bladder Stone Removal+ More
>Vascular Medicine(13 procedures)
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair+ More
Angiography, which may also be referred to as arteriography or angiogram, is a procedure performed to examine the inside of blood vessels, arteries, and veins through the use of images X-ray images.
1 - 2 days
- Learn more about Angiography
Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)+ More
Liver Transplant (Living Related Donor)+ More
>Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)(1 procedure)
Cochlear Implant+ More
A cochlear implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted into the ear, in order to produce a sense of sound for patients who are deaf or have severe hearing problems.
3 - 6 weeks
Patients should get the surgeon's approval before flying, and inform their airline that they have a cochlear implant, as it will set off security alarms. If the implant is switched on, the volume may need adjusting during the flight.
- Learn more about Cochlear Implant
>General Surgery(1 procedure)
A nephrectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove part or all of one of the kidneys. The kidneys serve the function of filtering the blood to remove excess fluid and waste products by turning them into urine.
10 - 14 days
Patients are prone to deep vein thrombosis after surgery therefore should wait up to 2 weeks to fly after the surgery.
- Learn more about Nephrectomy
Kidney Transplant (Living Related Donor)+ More
Kidney transplant is a surgery aimed at the replacement of a kidney (or both) from a living or deceased donor to a patient with a chronic renal disease.
Minimum 1 week.
- Learn more about Kidney Transplant (Living Related Donor)
More about available treatments at Medanta - The Medicity
The MediCity offers both cutting edge technology and state of the art treatment facilities, with 45 operating theaters across its 20 medical specialties.
Amongst the modern technologies the hospital utilizes in its procedures are a 256 slice CT, a Da Vinci robot for minimally invasive robotic surgery, and an artis-zeego endovascular surgical cath lab.
Furthermore, the MediCity also boasts 4 linear accelerators for radiation surgery, an integrated brachytherapy unit with remote controlled HDR, a 3.0 tesla MRI, a PET CT, a gamma camera, digital X-Ray, and both 3D and 4D ultrasound. Digital mammography, densitometry, and fluoroscopy are also all on offer.
Medanta's Medicity employs a strong team of well trained doctors, supported by both scientists and clinical researchers. The staff works with an interdisciplinary approach, aiming to find new ways of diagnosing and treating patients, as well as preventing diseases.
The team includes many doctors who have published work in international journals or are members of important boards and organizations, such as the Association of Phonosurgeons of India and the Association of Gynecologic Oncologists of India.
Dr. Tejinder Kataria
- Specializes in radiation oncology
- Was instrumental in starting the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Artemis Health Institute in 2007 and the Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute in 1996
Dr. K. K. Handa
- Specializes in ENT surgery
- Founder Secretary of the Association of Phonosurgeons of India
- Particular interest in voice surgery, laser surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, otology including cochlear implants, sleep medicine, and robotic surgery
Dr. Sabhyata Gupta
- Specializes in gynecology
- First gynecologist in India to perform robotic gynecological surgery for cancerous and benign (non cancerous) gynecological conditions
- Author of a number of publications in international journals
- Executive member of the Association of Gynecologic Oncologists of India
- Particular interest in gynecology oncology, colposcopy, advanced gynecological laparoscopy, robotic surgery, and hysteroscopy
Dr. Nidhi Verma
- Specializes in ophthalmology
- Graduated with a post-graduate degree from Indira Gandhi Medical College (IGMC Shimla)
- Was ophthalmology consultant overseas at Victoria Hospital Seychelles
- Has taught both undergraduate and postgraduate ophthalmology students
Dr. Aniruddha Vyas
- Specializes in cardiology
- Graduated with a doctor’s degree (DM) in interventional cardiology from the Govind Ballabh Pant Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, New Delhi
- Completed a fellowship in advanced cardiac electrophysiology
- Particular interest in electrophysiology and radiofrequency ablation, arrhythmia management, implantable cardiac defibrillators (ICD), cardiac resynchronization therapies (CRT), coronary interventions, angioplasties, and the implantation of complex devices such as dual chamber pacemakers
Dr. Kanchan Kaur
- Specializes in breast surgery
- Has trained at breast specialist centres in London, New York, and Paris
- Tutor for surgical courses conducted by the Royal College of Surgeons of London
Dr. Prassad Rao Voleti
- Specializes in internal medicine
- Director of Department of Internal Medicine & Geriatrics at the Medanta Medcity
- Author of a number of publications in international journals
- Particular interest in diabetes mellitus, hypertension, hypothyroid, immune disorders and tropical diseases such as dengue, malaria, typhoid, chikungunia, and typhus
External Reviews from Google
Rahul Bajpai, May 2019
World class hospital. Completely class apart in Delhi NCR based on the hygiene and facilities. Top doctors of their respective fields are present here, so one can be rest assured that they are getting A class treatment.
The Bapi Show, May 2019
Medanta The Medicity is one of India’s largest multi-super specialty medical institutes located in Gurgaon. Spread over 43 acres, Medanta also includes a research center and a medical & nursing school. The hospital is committed to delivering world-class health care by creating institutes of excellence in integrated medical care, teaching and research. The team Medanta, aspires to create an ethical & safe environment to treat all with respect & dignity. The institution has been envisaged with the goal of introducing the highest standards of clinical care in India along with medical research, training and education. Medanta works with the goal of providing medical services to patients with care, compassion and commitment. The institute has 45 operation theatres, 1250 beds and over 350 critical care beds catering to over 20 specialties.
Mubinah Esat, May 2019
As an international guest to this hospital, I was super impressed with how they treated us. From admissions, visiting the surgeons, to after care. Every experience was stellar. I took my brother for a knee surgery which he got whilst he was playing soccer.
The professionalism ran through our experiences with the
3. Radiography Department
5. Accounts Department
Deepak Singh, May 2019
These are my observations for this hospital...
1. The hospital is very huge and the infrastructure is world class here.
2. The doctors here are also very qualified and world class.
3. The treatment here is very expensive and its almost unaffordable for an average Indian.
4. Sometimes they increase the bill without any legitimate reason and they need to improve this.
Akanksha Swarnim, April 2019
They don't maintain the appointment timing.
I have been here for more than 10 times, but every time, had to wait for around 1-2 hrs even after taking an appointment in advance.
I think they believe in the logic that the more you make the patient wait, the better they will think about the quality.
Fortis is much better in this sense.
No one has a full day these days for you.