CARE Hospitals, Banjara Hills
Banjara Hills CARE Hospital, Hyderabad, is the flagship hospital of the CARE Group and was opened in 2000. It boasts India’s largest integrated outpatient center, which covers 185,000 square feet. Overall, CARE Hospital Banjara Hills has 435 patient beds and sees almost 200,000 patients per year, including hundreds of international patients.
The Hospital offers private and deluxe patient rooms, a 24/7 pharmacy, a rehabilitation unit, and education and counseling services for heart patients to aid their recovery process. Other services on offer include airport and hotel transfers, free WiFi, religious facilities, and special discount rates for groups or for multiple procedures.
The Care Hospital at Banjara Hills is 30 km from Rajiv Gandhi International Airport and is accessible via public transport or hospital-organized transfer.
The Hospital is located in the city of Hyderabad, in the state of Telangana in southern India. The city has a famous ancient quarter that contains the fortified citadel of Golconda (10 km away from the Hospital), a popular attraction with visitors. Nearby there is also the heart-shaped Hussain Sagar lake (4 km away), with an impressive large statue of the Gautama Buddha standing in the middle of the lake.
Arabic, Bengali (Bangla), English, Hindi
154 procedures across 15 specialties
>Bariatric Surgery(3 procedures)
Gastric Balloon Treatment+ More
Gastric ballon treatment involves inserting a deflated ballon into the stomach and then inflating it, in order to help lose weight. The balloon serves the purpose of limiting food intake by taking up space in the stomach and thus creating a sense of fullness after eating small amounts of food.
1 - 5 days
Patients may experience some pain, nausea or discomfort in the first days after insertion, therefore may need to rest before traveling.
- Learn more about Gastric Balloon Treatment
Gastric Band Surgery+ More
Gastric band surgery is a weight-loss surgery which uses an inflatable silicone band to create a small gastric pouch in the stomach, slowing down food consumption and limiting food intake. The surgery is performed to help patients with weight-loss after non-surgical methods such as change of diet and regular exercise, have failed to produce results.
The doctor should ensure that the patients condition is stable enough to travel.
- Learn more about Gastric Band Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery+ More
Gastric bypass surgery is performed to help patients to lose weight by reducing the size of the stomach. The surgery is performed to help patients with weight-loss after non-surgical methods such as change of diet and regular exercise, have failed to produce results.
Flying after surgery can increase the risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and patients will need to be cleared by the surgeon before flying.
- Learn more about Gastric Bypass Surgery
Aortic Stenosis Treatment+ More
Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Closure+ More
Bentall Procedure+ More
Gynecologic Laparoscopy+ More
A hysterectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove the uterus (womb). It is performed to treat a variety of different conditions, heavy periods, pelvic pain, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, uterine cancer, fibroids (benign tumors), endometriosis, and chronic pelvic pain. Hysterectomies are most commonly performed in women above the age of 40.
1 - 3 weeks
Patients will likely need several weeks before they are fit to travel following a hysterectomy.
- Learn more about Hysterectomy
Cerebral Palsy Management+ More
Epilepsy Treatment+ More
Epilepsy treatment aims to treat and manage epilepsy, a neurological disorder that can cause seizures that can lead to loss of consciousness or strange behavior. Epilepsy occurs when there is an abnormality in the brain, whereby nerve cell activity increases and disrupts neuron activity.
The time spent abroad depends on the type of epilepsy treatment that the patient receives.
- Learn more about Epilepsy Treatment
Trigeminal Neuralgia Treatment+ More
Brain Aneurysm Repair+ More
Brain aneurysm repair is a surgical procedure performed to repair a brain aneurysm that has the potential to rupture, or has already ruptured.
Time spent abroad depends on the type of brain aneurysm being treated. Unruptured aneurysms tend to have a quicker recovery process than ruptured aneurysms.
- Learn more about Brain Aneurysm Repair
Brain Tumor Surgery+ More
Brain tumor surgery is performed by a neurosurgeon to remove all or part of a tumor from the brain.
6 - 8 weeks
This depends on the surgery performed, whether the patient needs rehabilitation, and on how well the patient recovers.
- Learn more about Brain Tumor Surgery
Chiari Malformation Treatment+ More
Acute Leukemia Treatment+ More
Leukemia is a type of cancer that affects the blood cells in the body. It usually begins in the bone marrow where an abnormality occurs in the white blood cells. Normal blood cells form, divide, and die to make room for new cells. Leukemia disrupts this process and prevents the blood cells from functioning properly.
The length of stay abroad will depend on the treatment plan and the patient's response to treatment.
- Learn more about Acute Leukemia Treatment
Benign Soft Tissue Tumor Treatment+ More
Bile Duct Cancer Treatment+ More
Ankle Fracture Treatment+ More
Avascular Necrosis (AVN) Treatment+ More
Benign Bone Tumor Removal+ More
>Spinal Surgery(24 procedures)
Artificial Disc Replacement+ More
Cervical Disc Disease Treatment+ More
Cervical Spondylosis Treatment+ More
Bladder Neck Incision (BNI)+ More
Bladder Stone Removal+ More
>Vascular Medicine(13 procedures)
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair+ More
Angiography, which may also be referred to as arteriography or angiogram, is a procedure performed to examine the inside of blood vessels, arteries, and veins through the use of images X-ray images.
1 - 2 days
- Learn more about Angiography
Gallstones Treatment+ More
Liver Transplant (Living Related Donor)+ More
>Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)(1 procedure)
Cochlear Implant+ More
A cochlear implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted into the ear, in order to produce a sense of sound for patients who are deaf or have severe hearing problems.
3 - 6 weeks
Patients should get the surgeon's approval before flying, and inform their airline that they have a cochlear implant, as it will set off security alarms. If the implant is switched on, the volume may need adjusting during the flight.
- Learn more about Cochlear Implant
>General Medicine(1 procedure)
Bone Marrow Transplant+ More
An all-inclusive package is offered
4 - 8 weeks
The length of hospital stay required varies with each type of transplant performed and with each patient.
- Learn more about Bone Marrow Transplant
>General Surgery(1 procedure)
Hernia Repair+ More
Hernia repair is a surgical procedure performed to repair a hernia, which occurs when tissues or organs protrude through the wall in which they are contained. There are different types of hernias that can occur and these include inguinal hernia, hiatal hernia, and umbilical hernia.
1 - 2 weeks
After abdominal surgery, patients should get approval from their surgeon before flying. Traveling too soon after abdominal surgery could result in tearing the sutures. Patients may also find it uncomfortable to carry luggage or sit for long periods.
- Learn more about Hernia Repair
Kidney Transplant (Living Related Donor)+ More
Kidney transplant is a surgery aimed at the replacement of a kidney (or both) from a living or deceased donor to a patient with a chronic renal disease.
Minimum 1 week.
- Learn more about Kidney Transplant (Living Related Donor)
More about available treatments at CARE Hospitals, Banjara Hills
The most-performed medical procedures at the hospital are coronary angiography (CAG), primary and complex PTCA (percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty), and valve replacements.
The hospital has 100 treatment rooms and is known for its use of modern technology and equipment in its procedures, including cardiac imaging, telemedicine, DEXA Scan (dual energy X-ray absorptiometry), and intravascular ultrasound (IVUS).
The head staff member and chairman of the CARE Hospital at Banjara Hills is Dr. B Soma Raju, a cardiology specialist. He leads a team of well-trained nurses and experienced doctors, many of whom are members of important boards and organizations, including the British Medical Association, the Association of Surgeons in Training, the British Transplantation Society, the International Society of Nephrology (ISN), the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), and the International Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Association.
English, Hindi, Telugu, Arabic, Burmese, Bengali, and Kannada are all spoken at the hospital, with interpreter services on offer for those patients who require it.
Dr. B. Soma Raju
- Chairman and Managing Director at the hospital
- Specializes in cardiology
- Particular expertise in emergency cardiac care, primary coronary angioplasty, stent implantation, and peripheral angiography and angioplasty
- Fellow of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (2002)
Dr. Anuj Kapadiya
- Specializes in cardiology
- Graduated with a DM degree (doctorate) in cardiology from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- Particular expertise in a range of cardiology procedures, including emergency cardiac care, primary coronary angioplasty, stent implantation, peripheral angiography, and valve treatments
Dr. C. Narasimhan
- Specializes in cardiology
- Graduated with a DM degree (doctorate) in cardiology from CMC Hospital (1989)
- Completed fellowship in clinical electrophysiology at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee (1995-1997)
- Completed fellowship in clinical cardiology/vascular disease at Michael Reese Hospital, Chicago (1997-1998)
Dr. K. Nageswara Rao
- Specializes in pediatric cardiology
- Graduated with a master's degree in pediatrics from Kurnool Medical College, Andhra Pradesh
- Graduated with a DM degree (doctorate) in cardiology from the Sri Chitra Tirunal Institute, Trivandrum, Kerala
- Completed a fellowship in pediatric cardiology at the Children's Hospital at Westmead, Sydney
- Member of the Cardiology Society of India, the Indian Echocardiographs Society, and Pediatric Cardiology Society of India
- Awarded the Highest Innovation ranking award from the American College of Cardiology
Dr. Thomas Cherian
- Specializes in heptatobiliary surgery and liver transplants
- Graduated with a bachelor degree in medicine from Bangalore University (1995)
- Completed fellowships in general surgery and hepato-pancreaticobiliary and UGI surgery at the RCS and Physicians of Glasgow (2000 and 2007)
- Member of the British Medical Association, the Association of Surgeons in Training, the British Transplantation Society, the Carrel Club (UK Transplant Trainees Club), the Medical Defence Unit of Scotland, the International Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Association, and the International Liver Transplantation Society
Dr. J. Murthy
- Specializes in neurology
- Graduated with a DM degree (doctorate) at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh (1979)
- Particular expertise in neuro-vascular disorder treatments
Dr. Rama Krishna Murthy
- Specializes in neurosurgery
- Graduated with a bachelor degree in medicine from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- Graduated with a master's degree (MCh) in Neurosurgery from Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
- Member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, the Congress of Neurological Surgeons, the Neurological Society of India, the Andhra Pradesh Neuroscientist’s Association, the Indian Society of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, and the Twin Cities Neurological Society
Dr. Syed Ameer Basha
- Specializes in neurosurgery
- Graduated with a bachelor degree in medicine from Kurnool Medical College, Andhra Pradesh
- Graduated with a master's degree (MCh) in neurosurgery from Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
- Particular expertise in skull base surgery, neurovascular surgery, epilepsy surgery, and neural transplantation
- Member of the Neurosurgical Society of India (NSI), the Andhra Pradesh Neuro Scientists Association (APNSA), the Skull Base Society of India, the Cerebro Vascular Surgical Society of India, the Neurosurgical Society of India (NSSI), the American Neural Cell Transplantation Society, the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), the Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), and the Walter E. Dandy Neurosurgical Society (WEDNS)
Dr. Pinnamareddy Vikranth Reddy
- Specializes in nephrology
- Graduated with a master's degree in internal medicine from Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Rajiv Gandhi University, Belgaum, Karnatakan (2002)
- Completed fellowships in nephrology at the University of California, San Diego (2009) and V U University Medical Center, Amsterdam (2011)
- Member of the International Society of Nephrology (ISN), National Academy of Medical Sciences, India (NAMS), Indian Society of Nephrology (ISN), Indian Academy of Nephrology (IAN), Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India (PDSI), Association of Physicians of India (API), and the Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI)
Dr. Praveen Mereddy
- Specializes in orthopedics
- Graduated with a master's degree in orthopedics at Manipal University, Karnataka
- Graduated with a postgraduate degree (DNB) in orthopedics at the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), the Indian Orthopedic Association (IOA), and the Indian Medical Association (IMA)
Dr. Prem Chand Gupta
- Specializes in vascular surgery
- Graduated with a bachelor degree in medicine from the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- Graduated with a master's degree in surgery from the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
- Particular expertise in varicose veins and leg ulcers treatment, laser ablation (EVLT), and radio frequency ablation (RFA)
Dr. K. Prasad Raju
- Specializes in urology
- Graduated with a bachelor degree in medicine from Madras University
- Graduated with a master's degree in general surgery from Gulbarga University
- Graduated with a master's degree (MCh) in urology from the NTR University of Health Sciences