Wockhardt Hospital South Mumbai
Wockhardt Hospital South Mumbai is a multidisciplinary hospital that was founded in 2014. The hospital belongs to the Wochardt Hospitals Group, the 5th largest healthcare group in western India, with 9 hospitals located in 6 cities throughout the country.
Wockhardt Hospital South Mumbai is NABH-accredited, which is the highest accreditation that can be granted to a hospital in India. There are a variety of medical departments at the hospital including orthopedics, neurosurgery, neurology, cardiology, gynecology, endocrinology, nephrology, spinal surgery, and urology, amongst others. The hospital is renowned for its specialized critical care, stroke, and heart institutes, the latter of which is the only comprehensive pediatric and adult cardiac institute in South Mumbai.
The hospital is fitted with 350 patient beds and 100 critical care beds. There are a number of convenient services available for patients, which include airport and hotel transfer, interpreter services, visa assistance, and assistance with booking accommodation. Facilities at the hospital include a pharmacy, launderette, dry cleaning services, and free WiFi throughout the hospital. Both private rooms and single attendant accommodation are available for overnight stays.
Wockhardt Hospital South Mumbai is located in South Mumbai, 17 km from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport and is accessible via public transport or taxi. The nearest train station is the Mumbai Mahalakshmi station, just 1 km from the hospital.
South Mumbai is a cosmopolitan area and home Mumbai's main business center. There are a number of popular tourist attractions located within the vicinity of the hospital. The Elephanta Caves, a network of sculpted caves dedicated to the god of Shiva, are located off the coast of South Mumbai, 7 km from the hospital.
The Gateway of India, a monument that was built during British rule and overlooks the Arabian Sea, can be reached within 7 km from Wockhardt Hospital South Mumbai.
589 procedures across 19 specialties
>Bariatric Surgery(6 procedures)
Gastric Balloon Treatment+ More
Gastric ballon treatment involves inserting a deflated ballon into the stomach and then inflating it, in order to help lose weight. The balloon serves the purpose of limiting food intake by taking up space in the stomach and thus creating a sense of fullness after eating small amounts of food.
1 - 5 days
Patients may experience some pain, nausea or discomfort in the first days after insertion, therefore may need to rest before traveling.
- Learn more about Gastric Balloon Treatment
Gastric Band Surgery+ More
Gastric band surgery is a weight-loss surgery which uses an inflatable silicone band to create a small gastric pouch in the stomach, slowing down food consumption and limiting food intake. The surgery is performed to help patients with weight-loss after non-surgical methods such as change of diet and regular exercise, have failed to produce results.
The doctor should ensure that the patients condition is stable enough to travel.
- Learn more about Gastric Band Surgery
See 1 type of Gastric Band Surgery procedures:
Laparoscopic Gastric Band Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery+ More
Gastric bypass surgery is performed to help patients to lose weight by reducing the size of the stomach. The surgery is performed to help patients with weight-loss after non-surgical methods such as change of diet and regular exercise, have failed to produce results.
Flying after surgery can increase the risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and patients will need to be cleared by the surgeon before flying.
- Learn more about Gastric Bypass Surgery
See 1 type of Gastric Bypass Surgery procedures:
Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass Surgery
A cholecystectomy is a surgical procedure that is performed to remove the gallbladder. The gallbladder is an organ located below the liver, which serves the function of collecting and storing bile, which is the fluid produced by the liver, before breaking it down and releasing it into the small intestine.
1 - 2 weeks
Some patients will have dissolvable stitches, whereas others return after 7 days to have them removed. Patients who have open surgery will need a longer recovery time.
- Learn more about Cholecystectomy
See 1 type of Cholecystectomy procedures:
A colonoscopy is an examination of the large intestine, the colon and rectum, using a small camera.
3 - 4 days
Patients should arrive at least 2 days before the colonoscopy, as the bowel needs to be cleared the day before the procedure. Patients who have interventional treatment during the colonoscopy, e.g. removal of a polyp, may need slightly longer to recover.
- Learn more about Colonoscopy
>General Surgery(29 procedures)
Adrenalectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove one or both of the adrenal glands. The adrenal glands are located above each kidney and are part of the endocrine system, responsible for releasing hormones into the body, in order to regulate the immune system, metabolism, and blood sugar levels.
- Learn more about Adrenalectomy
An appendectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove the appendix. The appendix is located where the small and large intestine meet and its function is not known. The appendix is usually removed as an emergency procedure when the patient has appendicitis, which is the inflammation of the appendix.
- Learn more about Appendectomy
See 1 type of Appendectomy procedures:
Breast Abscess Drainage+ More
Cervical Cautery+ More
See 1 type of Cervical Cautery procedures:
Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure (LEEP)
Gynecologic Laparoscopy+ More
A hysterectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove the uterus (womb). It is performed to treat a variety of different conditions, heavy periods, pelvic pain, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, uterine cancer, fibroids (benign tumors), endometriosis, and chronic pelvic pain. Hysterectomies are most commonly performed in women above the age of 40.
1 - 3 weeks
Patients will likely need several weeks before they are fit to travel following a hysterectomy.
- Learn more about Hysterectomy
Acute Decompensated Heart Failure Treatment+ More
Angina Pectoris Treatment+ More
Aortic Stenosis Treatment+ More
>Colorectal Medicine(21 procedures)
Anal Abscess Drainage+ More
Anal Cyst Removal+ More
Anal Fissure Treatment+ More
>Diagnostic Imaging(11 procedures)
A mammogram is an X-ray image of the breast that is taken to check for breast cancer.
The amount of time needed will depend on how long the patient will need to wait for the results of the mammogram.
- Learn more about Mammography
MRI Scan (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)+ More
MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan is used to create detailed images of internal organs and tissue. The process involves the use of magnets and radio waves to create high resolution and detailed images of an organ or tissue, in order to help making a diagnosis or devising a treatment plan.
1 - 5 days
It may take a few days for the results of the scan to be processed and patients will usually attend a follow up consultation to discuss the results.
- Learn more about MRI Scan (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
>Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)(4 procedures)
Nasal Obstruction Treatment+ More
Ossicular Chain Reconstruction+ More
>General Medicine(12 procedures)
Abdominal Examination+ More
Bone Marrow Transplant+ More
A bone marrow transplant is performed to replace damaged or destroyed bone marrow. Bone marrow may stop functioning as a result of diseases such as aplastic anemia or sickle cell anemia, or from being destroyed by chemotherapy or radiation therapy used to treat cancer or other diseases.
4 - 8 weeks
The length of hospital stay required varies with each type of transplant performed and with each patient.
- Learn more about Bone Marrow Transplant
Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT)+ More
Alzheimer's Disease Consultation+ More
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Consultation+ More
Bell's Palsy Treatment+ More
Acoustic Neuroma Treatment+ More
Brain Aneurysm Repair+ More
Brain aneurysm repair is a surgical procedure performed to repair a brain aneurysm that has the potential to rupture, or has already ruptured.
Time spent abroad depends on the type of brain aneurysm being treated. Unruptured aneurysms tend to have a quicker recovery process than ruptured aneurysms.
- Learn more about Brain Aneurysm Repair
Brain Tumor Surgery+ More
Brain tumor surgery is performed by a neurosurgeon to remove all or part of a tumor from the brain.
6 - 8 weeks
This depends on the surgery performed, whether the patient needs rehabilitation, and on how well the patient recovers.
- Learn more about Brain Tumor Surgery
Acute Leukemia Treatment+ More
Leukemia is a type of cancer that affects the blood cells in the body. It usually begins in the bone marrow where an abnormality occurs in the white blood cells. Normal blood cells form, divide, and die to make room for new cells. Leukemia disrupts this process and prevents the blood cells from functioning properly.
The length of stay abroad will depend on the treatment plan and the patient's response to treatment.
- Learn more about Acute Leukemia Treatment
Adrenal Cancer Treatment+ More
Anal Cancer Treatment+ More
Abscess Debridement+ More
Achilles Tendon Rupture+ More
Acromioclavicular Joint Repair+ More
>Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery(3 procedures)
Otoplasty is the surgical correction of the outer ear (pinna). Otoplasty may also be referred to as ear pinning or ear reshaping, and is commonly used to treat protruding ears, to reduce the size of large ears or to reconstruct a deformed or defective ear.
- Learn more about Otoplasty
Rhinoplasty, commonly known as a nose job, is a surgery which changes the shape of the nose. The procedure involves making the nose bigger or smaller, changing the shape and proportion in order to make it fit better with other facial features, or correcting a bump or any other imperfections.
1 - 2 weeks
- Learn more about Rhinoplasty
Varicose Veins Treatment+ More
Varicose vein treatments are designed to relieve symptoms and improve the appearance of unsightly veins, by removing or destroying them. Varicose veins are abnormal veins that have a weakened vein wall, causing the vein to become bigger. They are noticeable on the skin, are blue and purple in color, and appear as swollen or twisted. These abnormal veins are often accompanied by spider veins, which are red capillaries that may surround the varicose veins.
2 - 3 days
- Learn more about Varicose Veins Treatment
>Pulmonary and Respiratory Medicine(14 procedures)
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Treatment+ More
Cystic Fibrosis Treatment+ More
Fibromyalgia Treatment+ More
Lupus Erythematosus Treatment+ More
Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment+ More
Rheumatoid arthritis treatment aims to alleviate symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis through medication, therapy, or surgery. Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disorder that is characterized by pain, swelling, and stiffness in the joints in the body. It mainly affects the joints in the hands and feet, but can also occur in other parts of the body. Areas of the body may become deformed as a result of the condition, and this is commonly seen in the hands and feet.
The amount of time spent abroad depends on the type of treatment the patient undergoes.
- Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
>Spinal Surgery(31 procedures)
Artificial Disc Replacement+ More
Cervical Disc Disease Treatment+ More
Cervical Spondylosis Treatment+ More
Bladder Neck Incision (BNI)+ More
Bladder Stone Removal+ More
Circumcision is a surgical procedure to remove the foreskin which covers the glans penis (the tip of the penis). The procedure can be done by cutting around the foreskin with a scalpel, under either a local or general anesthetic. In young patients, there is also the option to use a compression ring, which is applied and causes the foreskin to fall off after several weeks.
Although patients can usually fly straight away, it may be uncomfortable sitting for a long flight.
- Learn more about Circumcision
>Vascular Medicine(14 procedures)
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair+ More
Angiography, which may also be referred to as arteriography or angiogram, is a procedure performed to examine the inside of blood vessels, arteries, and veins through the use of images X-ray images.
1 - 2 days
- Learn more about Angiography
More about available treatments at Wockhardt Hospital South Mumbai
Wockhardt Hospital South Mumbai is a multidisciplinary hospital that offers a range of procedures across its many disciplines, including gastric bypass surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, aortic valve replacement, robotic surgery, hip replacement, brachytherapy, and prostatectomy.
The hospital uses modern diagnostic technologies such as sonography, X-ray, MRI (magnetic resonance imagining) scanners, and CT (computed tomography) scanners. In addition, the hospital is equipped with the IntelliSpace Critical Care & Anesthesia (ICCA) system, which is used for advanced monitoring and healthcare informatics.
Wockhardt Hospital South Mumbai has a dedicated intensive care unit (ICU) fitted with over 100 patient beds. The hospital also features 2 state-of-the-art cardiac laboratories that are equipped with 3 echocardiogram machines and 12 lead electrocardiography (ECG) machines. The cardiology department has a stress test machine, a pulmonary function test machine, and a holter apparatus, which enables the recording of an ECG over a 24-hour period.
Wockhardt Hospital South Mumbai has a team of doctors trained in delivering specialized care across its many medical specialties. Many of the doctors have received international education and training and are members of a number of national and international medical boards and societies.
The staff at the hospital speaks English, and interpreter services are available for patients who require it.
Dr. Pratik Kumar Soni
- Specializes in cardiology
- Graduated with a degree in medicine from the Government Medical College, Nagpur, India
- Graduated with a specialized degree in cardiology from the T.N. Medical College, Mumbai, India
- Completed training in interventional cardiology at the Rouen University, France
- Has performed 18,000 angiographies (peripheral and coronary), 7,500 coronary angioplasties, and 6,000 stent implantations
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- Author of various international publications in scientific journals
- Member of the Cardiological Society of India and the Indian Medical Association
Dr. Zainulabedin I. Hamdulay
- Specializes in cardiothoracic surgery
- Completed international medical training at the Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Canada, the Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK, and the Royal Liverpool Children's Hospital, Liverpool, UK
- Particular expertise in beating heart bypass, valve repair, and minimally invasive cardiac surgery (MICS)
- Author of various international publications in scientific journals
Dr. Suresh V. Joshi
- Specializes in pediatrics, with over 34 years experience
- Graduated with a master’s degree in general surgery and cardiothoracic surgery from the Mumbai University, India
- Completed training under Dr. Roger Mee at the Royal Children Hospital Melbourne, and at the St. Vincent's Hospital, Sydney, Australia
- Member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS USA), the World Society of Pediatric & Congenital Heart Surgeons, the International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeons (ISMICS), the Association of Cardiovascular Surgeons of Asia, the Pediatric Cardiac Society of India, the Cardiological Society of India, the Vascular Society of India, the Indian Medical Association, and the Association of Medical Consultants, Mumbai, India
Dr. Mudit Khanna
- Specializes in orthopedics, with over 16 years of experience
- Graduated with a master's degree in orthopedic surgery from the King George Medical College, India
- Completed his M.R.C.S. at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, U.K
- Completed his M.Ch. in orthopedic surgery at the University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
- Senior Clinical Fellow at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, UK
- Particular expertise in primary, complex primary and revision hip replacement surgery, as well as hip resurfacing surgery
- Member of the Indian Orthopedic Society, UK, and the Royal College of Surgeons, UK
Dr. Shirish M. Hastak
- Specializes in neurology, with over 20 years of experience
- Graduated with a degree in medicine and a master’s degree in neurology from the Nagpur Medical College, India
- Completed a fellowship in stroke treatment under Prof. Vladimir Hatchinski at the Western University of Canada, Ontario
- Worked with Prof. L.R .Caplan at the TUFTS Medical Centre, Boston, USA
- Particular expertise in hyper acute stroke management
Dr. Dimpy Irani
- Specializes in gynecology, with over 10 years of experience
- Graduated with a degree in medicine and a master’s degree in obstetrics and gynecology
- Trained at the IRCAD France
- Particular expertise in infertility treatment and robotic surgery
Dr. Gandhali Deorukhkar
- Specializes in gynecology
- Completed a fellowship in advanced gynecological endoscopy at the Bombay Endoscopy Academy and Centre for Minimally Invasive Surgery (BEAMS), Mumbai, India
- Particular expertise in artificial reproductive technique (ART) related procedures, reconstructive surgeries, and major and minor gynecological, obstetric, and general surgeries
Dr. Tariq A. Patel
- Specializes in gastroenterology, with over 15 years of experience
- Graduated with a degree in medicine and a master’s degree in gastroenterology from the Grant Medical College, JJ Hospital, Mumbai, India
Dr. Mohammed Ayub Siddiqui
- Specializes in urology, with over 15 years of experience
- Completed training in laparoscopic urology surgery under Dr. Prokar Dasgupta
- Particular expertise in laparoscopic surgery
- Chief editor for the British Journal of Urology International
Dr. Meghal J. Sanghavi
- Specializes in surgical oncology, with over 10 years of experience
- Graduated with a bachelor degree in general surgery from Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences (K.I.M.S.), Karad, India
- Particular interest in breast conservation surgeries, mastectomy, breast reconstruction, oncoplasty, and microdochectomy
Dr. Boman Nariman Dhabhar
- Specializes in medical oncology, with over 15 years of experience
- Graduated with a master’s degree in internal medicine from Mumbai University, Mumbai, India
- Completed fellowships in medical oncology at the European Society of Medical Oncology, the University Of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Washington, USA
Dr. Ramen Goel
- Specializes in bariatric surgery, with over 15 years of experience
- Graduated with a degree in medicine and a master’s degree in general surgery from the J N Medical College, Aligarh, India
- First Indian bariatric surgeon to receive the Surgeon of Excellence Certification from the Surgical Review Corporation
External Reviews from Google
Ansari Rehana, December 2019
One of the hospital which is good from outside only no care of doctors in ICU and their casualty room's some of female doctor are worse & useless. In this hospital you have to wait for days to show doctors your report .... one day they give appointment for test and for days doctor will not available for seeing reports during that period patient has to suffer for medication... very bad hospital they dont care for patient, aged and complicated patient are on mercy of staff.... If lucky come alive other death rate in ICU is very high compare to other hospital ICU Dr. Rajender is so errogent and talk like gunda does not empathizes of the relatives situation.....Hospital is there to exrart money and no service to patient
Kago Mmopi, November 2019
My experience at WOCKHARDT hospital has been the most pleasant one. Although I was hospitalised, I felt they did their best to make me feel at home.
My neurosurgeon, Dr. Mazda Turel, is a phenomenal human being who related to me at a human to human level. He was able to simplify the diagnosis and the procedure he would conduct and explain it to me without running out of patience.
What's also amazing about WOCKHARDT hospital, is that their staff really pulls together as a team and collaborate very effectively to ensure that the patient's interests are first priority.
After suffering back pain for almost two years, and suffering the effects of this first ineffectual back operation, Dr. Mazda Turel was able to get my diagnosis right first time and was able to have me walking within a few hours of the operation.
I highly recommend WOCKHARDT hospital for the medical attention you may require.
Harshad Wagh, November 2019
Medical camp in Canara Bank fort branch
Very helpful to conduct and good suggestions for improve health
Shabana Ansari, November 2019
One of the worst hospital after extracting money only irresponsible consultant and RM. ICU staff and RMO are rude and over smart. They make patient condition worst....Killer of my father and will put all the blame on age factor. Different treatment for different people VIP treatment to foreigner and no response to local people.... Will never ever recommand this hospital to anyone
Rahul Kilje, October 2019
This is one of the best hospitals in Mumbai. Doctor's are excellent. Staff is very courteous and professional. My mom's operation was performed here. It was very complicated operation. However Dr. Mudit Khanna did an amazing job. My mom is doing very well. We are extremely happy with the care provide by the hospital. Thank you!