American Heart of Poland
A quote includes a treatment plan and price estimate.
The American Heart of Poland was established in 2000 in Poland. Today, with more than 22 medical centers in the group, American Heart of Poland is the leader in cardiovascular disease treatment in Europe. The highly experienced team of cardiologists and cardiac surgeons have trained and worked in both Poland and the USA. The staff are highly specialized in diagnosis and treatment of heart and circulatory system diseases.
The clinic in Bielsko-Biała combines a haemodynamic laboratory with a cardiac surgical operating theater. Using transdermal and surgical techniques, the medical team are able to treat cardiac and vascular diseases in a single location. Staff have pioneered the complex treatment for patients with diffuse coronary and peripheral atherosclerosis, and for the prevention of ischaemia. Moreover, this clinic specializes in complex interventions for patients who are unable to undergo cardiac surgical treatment.
The comprehensive health care packages at the clinic in Bielsko-Biała are designed to include a 7 to 14 day post-treatment rehabilitation program carried out in one of the biggest health resorts in Europe - Health Resort Ustroń.
Medical centers belonging to the American Heart of Poland Group are located across the country, mainly in the South of Poland. The clinic in Bielsko-Biała was formed in 2011 and marks the groups first cardiac surgical center. It is located in southern Poland, and is a one hour and fifteen minute drive from the Katowice International Airport.
Bielsko-Biała is situated in the Silesian Voivodship and was the capital of Bielsko-Biała Voivodship between 1975 and 1998.
The Bielsko-Biała Museum and Castle, which was established in the 1970s as a museum for various traditions and artefacts local to the region, is just a 12-minute drive from the clinic. Also worth a visit is the Museum of Technology and Textile Industry. It is a mere 7-minute drive from the clinic. The 14th century Castle, which now houses an art gallery of realist paintings, stands tall above the Bielsko-Biała cityscape.
English, Polish, Russian
9 procedures across 2 specialties
Cardiology Consultation+ More
Coronary Angiogram+ More
Coronary Angioplasty+ More
This surgical procedure (percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty or PTCA) opens narrow or blocked arteries using a drug eluting stent (DES). The treatment package includes 7 days stay full-board at Health Resort Ustro? with rehabilitation services and a dietitian consultation. Patients receive a specialist cardiac consultation including an EKG, stress tests, laboratory examinations and echocardiography, both before and after surgery.
>Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery(1 procedure)
Varicose Veins Treatment+ More
Varicose vein treatments are designed to relieve symptoms and improve the appearance of unsightly veins, by removing or destroying them. Varicose veins are abnormal veins that have a weakened vein wall, causing the vein to become bigger. They are noticeable on the skin, are blue and purple in color, and appear as swollen or twisted. These abnormal veins are often accompanied by spider veins, which are red capillaries that may surround the varicose veins.
2 - 3 days
- Learn more about Varicose Veins Treatment
More about available treatments at American Heart of Poland
The American Heart of Poland is committed to providing its patients with high quality medical services. Their main focus is on non-invasive diagnosis of heart and circulatory system diseases, invasive cardiology, cardiac surgery, vascular surgery, and rehabilitation programs.
The most common surgical procedures include coronary artery bypass graft (CABG), off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting (OPCAB), and cardiac valve exchange or repair. The clinic also offers cardiology and coronary intervention procedures.
These include a Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA ) which is a specialist cardiac surgery consultation, the pacemaker implantation or replacement with a Dual Chamber using a Mitral or aortic valve, and the Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG).
All of the cardiology and coronary intervention procedures listed are conducted using non-invasive examinations. These can involve EKG, stress tests, laboratory examinations or echocardiography.
Professor Paweł Buszman is the co-founder of the American Heart of Poland. Having earned his doctorate with honors in 1991, he then went on to complete a Ph.D. in Medical Sciences at the Silesian Medical Academy in 2002. In 2009 he was granted the title of Professor, which he was awarded by the President of the Republic of Poland. As well as being a cardiologist, he also specializes in internal medicine.
Professor Andrzej Bochenek is the second co-founder of the American Heart of Poland. After graduating from the Medical Academy of Silesia - Katowice, in 1973, he has since become an established Polish heart surgeon. He specializes in cardiac surgery, general surgery, and angiology.
Prof. Pawel Buszman, MD, PhD
- Co-founder of the American Heart of Poland
- Professor of cardiology
- Graduated with a degree in medicine (MD) from the Medical University of Silesia, Katowice in 1985
- Awarded his doctorate in 1991 and graduated with a PhD in Medical Sciences from the Silesian Medical Academy
- Completed training in cardiology in Poland, Germany, the UK and the US
- Author of more than 100 publications, some of which were published in the Journal of American College of Cardiology, Circulation, The Lancet and The New England Journal of Medicine
- Has co-ordinated a number of international trials on cardiovascular diseases
- Co-founder of the Interventional Cardiology Section of the Polish Cardiac Society and the Professional Association of the Interventional Cardiologists
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (FESC), American College of Cardiology (FACC), and The Society of Cardiac Angiography and Interventions (FSCAI)
Prof. Andrzej Bochenek MD, PhD
- Co-founder of the American Heart of Poland
- Specializes in cardiac surgery, general surgery, and angiology
- Graduated from the Medical University of Silesia, Katowice in 1973
- Gained international experience working in hospitals in the UK and the US
- Particular expertise in coronary and valvular operations for patients with advanced heart failure
- Member of the Polish Cardiac Society, the Association of Polish Surgeons, the European Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery, the International Society of Cardio-Thoracic Surgeons (ISCTS), the Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain and Ireland, and the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery
Dr. Marek Krol, MD, PhD
- Graduted from the Medical University of Silesia, Katowice
- Performed his first diagnostic procedures in the Laboratory of Hemodynamics of the Upper Silesian Center for Cardiology in Katowice in 1994
- Received an award from the Polish Cardiac Society for his publication in the European Heart Journal in 2006
- In 2009, received an award from the Minister of Health for his publication in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology
Dr. Bogdan Gorycki MD, PhD
- Graduated from the Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, where he obtained his doctoral degree in 1998
Dr. Marek Cisowski MD, PhD
- Graduated with a medical degree (MD) from the Medical University of Silesia, Katowice
- Specialized in general surgery up until 1985
- Specializing in cardiac surgery since 1991
- His current research focuses on protecting the heart against ischemia during surgery and studies of patients operated without cardiopulmonary bypass
- Particular expertise in the surgical treatment of coronary artery disease, aortic aneurysms, and stentless aortic valve replacements
The clinic was visited by a Medigo team member
The building appears to be very recently built and modern. The location is very nice with the surrounding mountains as a backdrop. It was very pleasant to be there because the large windows allow for light to enter the clinic, and the surroundings make it a comfortable appealing place - all the best to complement the high-tech nature of the clinic.