A quote includes a treatment plan and price estimate.
Clinique Generale-Beaulieu, is situated in the Champel quarter, a residential area near the Swiss city center of Geneva. As a member of the association of The Swiss Leading Hospitals, it has established itself as a trusted medical center for more than a century.
The center encompasses 134 rooms and six departments of international reputation, which include the Institute of Radiology, the Institute of Nuclear Medicine, the Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery Center, the Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) Center, the Maternity Unit, and the Physiotherapy and Functional Rehabilitation Center.
The center also has six nursing units, seven operating theatres, one reanimation center, and six specialized centers.
Based in central Geneva, the clinic has a superb view of Les Voirons mountain range and the Saleve mountains, also known as the 'Balcony of Geneva'.
These offer a sublime backdrop to the city's shops and boutiques, including the world famous traditional bespoke watchmakers Chopard. Both businesses are situated in Geneva, and offer a range of precious materials crafted into jewelry. For those with a sweet tooth, there is also Beschle Chocolatier, which sells luxury chocolates.
Art lovers can visit the city's "Hallen für Neue Kunst", which is an internationally-recognized center for contemporary art. In addition to this, there is also a Hauser & Wirth gallery, which also showcases works by modern and contemporary masters.
70 procedures across 17 specialties
Dental Checkup+ More
A dental checkup enables a dentist to inspect the teeth and gums, and identify any problems before they get worse.
1 - 2 days
Patients may wish to stay longer if the checkup highlights problems, such as cavities that need fillings.
- Learn more about Dental Checkup
Dentistry Consultation+ More
Dentistry consultations are meetings between potential patients and dentists in which specific issues are discussed. In these meetings, the patient discusses their individual problems and the dentist presents possible treatment options. The dentist might also perform a routine checkup.
1 - 2 days
- Learn more about Dentistry Consultation
Oral Cyst Treatment+ More
>Diagnostic Imaging(3 procedures)
CT Scan (Computed Tomography)+ More
A computerized tomography (CT) scan, which may also be referred to as a CAT scan, is scan which uses a series of X-rays to create detailed images of the body. The scan is performed to create images of the inside of the body, including bones, internal organs, and blood vessels.
3 - 7 weeks
Patients will need to attend a follow up consultation once the results are processed.
- Learn more about CT Scan (Computed Tomography)
MRI Scan (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)+ More
MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan is used to create detailed images of internal organs and tissue. The process involves the use of magnets and radio waves to create high resolution and detailed images of an organ or tissue, in order to help making a diagnosis or devising a treatment plan.
1 - 5 days
It may take a few days for the results of the scan to be processed and patients will usually attend a follow up consultation to discuss the results.
- Learn more about MRI Scan (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
PET Scan (Positron Emission Tomography)+ More
PET (positron emission tomography) scan is used to test the functionality of certain organs and tissues in the body, by injecting a radiotracer into the body to create 3-dimensional images. The images are interpreted by the doctor and can help to establish any abnormalities and highlight how well the body is functioning.
1 - 2 days
- Learn more about PET Scan (Positron Emission Tomography)
>General Surgery(2 procedures)
Breast Tumor Removal+ More
Hernia Repair+ More
Hernia repair is a surgical procedure performed to repair a hernia, which occurs when tissues or organs protrude through the wall in which they are contained. There are different types of hernias that can occur and these include inguinal hernia, hiatal hernia, and umbilical hernia.
1 - 2 weeks
After abdominal surgery, patients should get approval from their surgeon before flying. Traveling too soon after abdominal surgery could result in tearing the sutures. Patients may also find it uncomfortable to carry luggage or sit for long periods.
- Learn more about Hernia Repair
See 1 type of Hernia Repair procedures:
Inguinal Hernia Surgery
Bartholin's Cyst Treatment+ More
This procedure treats a Bartholin's cyst through incision and drainage. A Bartholin's cyst is a small fluid filled sac just inside the vagina. These are usually harmless, but may need to be drained if they become painful or cause embarrassment.
2 - 3 days
It is usually safe to fly afterwards, but depending on the type of procedure, there may be a follow up visit required - e.g. to remove a drainage catheter.
- Learn more about Bartholin's Cyst Treatment
Breast Exam+ More
Cervical Conization+ More
Cervical conization is the removal of a cone shaped tissue sample from the cervix. This can be done to remove precancerous cells, or to remove cells for examination.
Cataract Surgery+ More
Cataracts are cloudy patches in the lens of the eye that are common as a result of aging. Cataract removal surgery is recommended for patients who experience impairment to vision and are sensitive to light as a result of the cataract. The surgery involves the removal of the natural lens and it is most commonly replaced with a synthetic lens.
2 - 3 days
Patients can usually fly soon after cataract surgery, but should take precautions to avoid dryness in the eye.
- Learn more about Cataract Surgery
Detached Retina Treatment+ More
Retina detachment occurs when the retina becomes separated from its surrounding tissue. When this occurs, it is important that it is repaired, as the retina cannot function correctly in this condition, and leaving it untreated can result in the permanent loss of vision.
The length of stay depends on the treatment, however any treatment involving gas bubbles in the eye will prevent patients from being suitable for flying until the bubble has gone.
- Learn more about Detached Retina Treatment
Glaucoma Treatment+ More
Glaucoma treatment aims to relieve symptoms of glaucoma and prevent further damage, deterioration, and loss of vision. Glaucoma is an eye disease that causes damage to the optic nerve, which creates problems with vision and if left untreated, can lead to loss of vision.
2 - 7 days
- Learn more about Glaucoma Treatment
Bone Fracture Treatment+ More
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Surgery+ More
Carpal tunnel surgery is a procedure to release the transverse carpal ligament. This decompresses the nerve, providing relief to patients who suffer with pain due to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Patients may require a follow-up appointment to get stitches removed. If patients need to fly sooner, this should be discussed with the surgeon.
- Learn more about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Surgery
Dupuytren's Contracture Treatment+ More
Dupuytren's Contracture is a condition in which the fingers bend towards the palm and cannot be fully extended.
>Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery(11 procedures)
Breast Augmentation+ More
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure to change the size and shape of the breasts. While many patients opt to have breast implants inserted to increase breast size, breast augmentation more commonly refers to the enlargement of the breasts using fat transfer.
- Learn more about Breast Augmentation
Breast Implants+ More
In breast implant surgery, an implant is inserted in order to change the size and shape of the breast. The surgery is commonly performed for women who wish to have larger, more shapely breasts, women with underdeveloped breasts, or women who have had breast tissue removed (a mastectomy). Breast implants can also be used to correct breast asymmetry, or as part of male-to-female gender reassignment.
- Learn more about Breast Implants
Kidney Stones Treatment+ More
Kidney stones are deposits of salts and minerals, such as calcium, which form inside the kidney. They are quite common, often more in men than women, and there are many factors that can increase the risk of developing kidney stones.
5 - 7 days
The time needed will depend on the type of treatment.
- Learn more about Kidney Stones Treatment
Prostate Surgery+ More
Reverse Vasectomy+ More
>Maxillofacial Surgery(2 procedures)
Maxillofacial Surgery Consultation+ More
Orthognathic Surgery+ More
The anesthetists at the clinic are specialists in their field, having mastered modern anesthetic techniques (general anesthetic, local anesthetic and post-operative pain management). Regular participation in International Congresses and attendance at advanced courses guarantee that their knowledge stays up to date.
1 - 2 days
Patients can travel immediately after local anesthetic. After a general anesthetic, patients can travel as soon as the effects have worn off and their condition is stable.
- Learn more about Anesthesia
>Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)(1 procedure)
A thyroidectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove either part of, or all of the thyroid. The thyroid is a gland located over the larynx, around the trachea and functions to produce hormones which are released into the blood stream to regulate the body's metabolism.
12 - 14 days
Patients will need to return to the hospital to have the incision site checked and should not fly for around 2 weeks after the surgery to allow time to heal.
- Learn more about Thyroidectomy
A colonoscopy is an examination of the large intestine, the colon and rectum, using a small camera.
3 - 4 days
Patients should arrive at least 2 days before the colonoscopy, as the bowel needs to be cleared the day before the procedure. Patients who have interventional treatment during the colonoscopy, e.g. removal of a polyp, may need slightly longer to recover.
- Learn more about Colonoscopy
Neurosurgery Consultation+ More
Neurosurgery consultation for the spine.
Oncology Consultation+ More
Once a patient has been diagnosed with cancer, the first step in getting treatment is to make an oncology consultation, to discuss the treatment options with a specialist.
The patient may choose to return home after the consultation and return to the clinic once the treatment is scheduled to begin.
- Learn more about Oncology Consultation
>Reproductive Medicine(1 procedure)
Sperm Collection+ More
Sperm collection using MESA or TESE technique.
>Spinal Surgery(1 procedure)
Spine Surgery+ More
Spinal surgery covers a range of procedures used to treat problems with the spinal column and nervous system.
1 - 2 weeks
>Vascular Medicine(1 procedure)
More about available treatments at Clinique Generale-Beaulieu
The Clinique Generale-Beaulieu is an acute care private hospital. It has its own Institute of Radiology, who are able to perform in depth scans of the central nervous digestive, urinary, and osteo-articular systems. The Institute of Nuclear Medicine has its own expert team who are the first to own a positron-emission tomography /computed tomography (CT) scanner in Switzerland. The isotopical imaging technique is considered to be the most sophisticated method available in modern oncology.
The clinic's Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery Centre is equipped with the latest version of the HD four arm robot and a 3D projection room. A recent study conducted for the clinic revealed that 1200 operations have been performed in urology, gastrointestinal, and gynecology.
The ART center which was implemented in 2005, specializes in reproductive medicine. The Maternity Unit has three delivery rooms, a nursery, and one neonatal unit. Furthermore, the Physiotherapy and Functional Rehabilitation Center is operated by a committed team of physiotherapists who also dedicate an entire unit to sports medicine.
The clinic is comprised of 450 staff and almost 600 licensed physicians, with a total of 134 beds. The nursing department is managed by Mrs Sabrina Cavallero, who has a team of 18 graduates and 200 staff members under her direction. Yves Bassières coordinates the catering facilities, and employs a team of 90 staff members. The clinic is also supported by the technical services team. On average, there are 7,500 operations conducted annually, using cutting-edge equipment in newly-integrated theaters. The clinic has also established robust relationships with 60 other medical practices in the local vicinity, encompassing many different specialties.
Dr. Raphael Gumener
- Specializes in aesthetic medicine
- Graduated with a degree in medicine (MD) from the Catholic University of Louvain
- Consultant in the plastic and reconstructive surgery unit at the University Hospital of Geneva
- Lectures at the University Hospital of Geneva
- Former president of the Swiss Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
Dr. Pierre Quinodoz
- Specializes in plastic, cosmetic, and reconstructive surgery, with over 15 years experience in the field - - Graduated with a medical degree (MD) from the University of Geneva
- Completed a fellowship in plastic surgery
- Board member of the Swiss Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic surgery
- Founder and president of the Swiss humanitarian Association 2nd Chance dedicated to reconstructive surgery for life reconstruction
Dr. Fernando Balderrama
- Specializes in pediatrics
- Graduated from Vitoria-ES, Brazil in 1984
- Completed postgraduate training and pediatrics specialization in Geneva between 1986 and 1995
- Senior registrar at the Pediatrics Clinic of Geneva Cantonal Hospital between 1989 and 1992
- Senior registrar in gastroenterology and pediatric nutrition between 1993 and 1994
- Consultant for pediatric liver transplants between 1994 and 1995
- Holds a Swiss Medical Association (FMH) qualification in pediatrics
Dr. Arnaud Tripet
- Specializes in ENT (ear, nose, and throat)
- Speaks English and French
Dr. Stephen Altrichter
- Specializes in radiology and diagnostic neuroradiology, with over 15 years of experience in both disciplines
- Graduated with a medical diploma and PhD from the University of Geneva
- Completed specialized training in radiology at the HUG in Geneva and Hospital Cantonal de Fribourg
Dr. Jean-Pierre Grillet
- Specializes in dermatology, venereology, and allergology
- Particular expertise in laser treatments
- Speaks English and French
Dr. Ihsan Inan
- Specializes in general surgery
- Board-certified general surgeon in Switzerland
- Particular expertise in digestive surgery, advanced laparoscopic and robotic techniques for benign pathologies and cancer surgery, as well as advanced minimally invasive and robotic techniques for colorectal surgery and proctology - Member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Speaks English and Turkish fluently
Dr. Anne Brunelli
- Specializes in gynecology and obstetrics
- Speaks English, Italian, and French
Dr. Claudio Soravia
- Specializes in visceral surgery
- Graduated from the University of Toronto, Canada
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Board member of the European Board Surgery Qualification in Coloproctology
- Member of the Swiss Society of Visceral Surgery
Dr. Beat Fischer
- Specializes in orthopedics and traumatology
- Speaks German, English, and French
External Reviews from Google
honorine mayere, August 2019
Clinique au top avec une équipe à l'écoute.
Je recommande très chaudement.
Garfield kat, February 2019
Best hospital in Geneva so far, Thank you to all the nurses there who made me feel at ease during birth of my baby!
Donald Otzen, January 2019
Old school class. Great facilities and super professional and friendly staff.
INNERCITYOGA Yoga Geneve / Geneva, May 2017
The best experience possible. It's like giving birth in a five stars hotel. We loved the romantic tête à tête dinner. Thank you to the team!
Alex J, October 2016