British Lasik And Cosmetic Surgery Center
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
A quote includes a treatment plan and price estimate.
The British Lasik and Cosmetic Surgery Center is operated by an experienced team of ophthalmology, dental, cosmetology, and cosmetic experts. It is equipped with the latest medical technology and is managed in accordance with the highest standards in outpatient services.
The British Lasik and Cosmetic Surgery Center offers quality, affordable medical procedures such as pediatric eye examinations, strabismus, cataract and glaucoma screening, specialty contact lenses, LASIK, and laser treatments for the correction of Myopia.
The center is recognized by its employees, physicians, patients, and the local community as a high quality and professional practice.
The center is located on Jumeirah Beach Road in Dubai. It is a 50 minute drive from Al Maktoum International Airport and Dubai International Airport. Situated opposite the clinic are Jumeirah Beach Park and the Sharaf DG Metro Station.
Umm Suquim beach, Burjuman Mall, and Dubai Creek are also in the proximity. The Dubai Creek is a saltwater creek and wildlife sanctuary. It is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road.
The area is particularly good for restaurants, shopping, and sightseeing. Dubai Museum is a 15 minute walk from the clinic. Housed in the 18th century Al Fahidi Fort, it contains many of Dubai's important historical artefacts.
Gold Souk Market and Naif Souq Market are a 20 minute walk from the clinic. Here you can find vendors selling traditional food and clothing.
77 procedures across 7 specialties
Alveoloplasty is the surgical recontouring of the alveolar process. This is the bone directly above/below the teeth . It is often necessary to smooth out any abnormal bone growth (tori) before fitting dentures.
Bone Graft+ More
A bone graft or bone augmentation may be required for patients who have a soft or thin jaw bone and are having dental implants.
3 - 5 days
Patients may need to stay longer if they are having a bone graft from the hip bone. A longer stay may also be required for cases where the sinus is affected.
- Learn more about Bone Graft
Acne Scar Treatment+ More
Acne scar treatment aims to eliminate or reduce the scars caused by acne. There are a number of available acne scar treatments including chemical peel, dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, and laser/light therapy.
- Learn more about Acne Scar Treatment
Acne Treatment+ More
Acne is caused by the oil glands in the skin becoming blocked by sebum, skin cells and hair. Most people will suffer with a degree of acne in their lives, but for some it can be severe and can cause low self-esteem. For patients with very severe or persistent acne, treatment can help alleviate symptoms and reduce scarring.
- Learn more about Acne Treatment
Dermatology Consultation+ More
A dermatology consultation is a meeting with a dermatologist, to discuss a specific skin problem and explore treatment options. A dermatologist specializes in treating skin, hair, and nails. Common conditions which patients may consult with a dermatologist about are psoriasis, acne treatment, mole removal, and laser skin resurfacing treatment.
1 - 2 days
- Learn more about Dermatology Consultation
Cataract Surgery+ More
Cataracts are cloudy patches in the lens of the eye that are common as a result of aging. Cataract removal surgery is recommended for patients who experience impairment to vision and are sensitive to light as a result of the cataract. The surgery involves the removal of the natural lens and it is most commonly replaced with a synthetic lens.
2 - 3 days
Patients can usually fly soon after cataract surgery, but should take precautions to avoid dryness in the eye.
- Learn more about Cataract Surgery
>Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery(13 procedures)
Breast Augmentation+ More
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure to change the size and shape of the breasts. While many patients opt to have breast implants inserted to increase breast size, breast augmentation more commonly refers to the enlargement of the breasts using fat transfer.
- Learn more about Breast Augmentation
Breast Implants+ More
In breast implant surgery, an implant is inserted in order to change the size and shape of the breast. The surgery is commonly performed for women who wish to have larger, more shapely breasts, women with underdeveloped breasts, or women who have had breast tissue removed (a mastectomy). Breast implants can also be used to correct breast asymmetry, or as part of male-to-female gender reassignment.
- Learn more about Breast Implants
Breast Lift+ More
A breast lift procedure, also referred to as a mastopexy, is a surgical procedure used to lift and tighten sagging breasts (also called breast ptosis). The surgery is generally sought after by women have gone through pregnancy, have had breast implants removed, or have lost a lot of weight, which has resulted in the sagging of the breasts.
The surgeon will usually recommend waiting at least 7 days before travelling.
- Learn more about Breast Lift
Laser Hair Removal+ More
Available for arms, underarms, bikini line, abdomen, legs, thighs, upper lip, chin and other facial hair, back, shoulders and chest.
It's safe to fly after laser hair removal treatment.
- Learn more about Laser Hair Removal
Laser Skin Resurfacing+ More
Laser skin resurfacing removes several layers of skin with a precision laser. The new skin cells that form give the skin a tighter, younger looking surface.
Laser skin resurfacing is sought after by patients who want to reduce the appearance of scarring, wrinkles, age spots, uneven skin, or damaged skin. It can improve the skin's complexion.
2 - 3 days
- Learn more about Laser Skin Resurfacing
>Hair Restoration(1 procedure)
Hair Loss Treatment+ More
Hair loss treatments treat a number of hair loss problems in both men and women. Hair loss, also known as alopecia, can occur on the body or head and can be caused by a number of factors such as male-pattern baldness, medications, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, or trichtillomania (compulsive hair pulling).
8 - 12 weeks
For therapy treatments, patients will need multiple sessions.
- Learn more about Hair Loss Treatment
More about available treatments at British Lasik And Cosmetic Surgery Center
The British LASIK and Cosmetic Surgery Center has a premium facility for ophthalmology and LASIK treatments. This includes 3 fully equipped consultation rooms, a computerized pre-testing and imaging room, a minor procedure room, and a LASIK procedure room. Ophthalmology services offered include comprehensive eye examinations, strabismus (squint) surgery, cataract and glaucoma screening, glaucoma surgery, speciality contact lenses, keratoconus treatment, and LASIK procedures.
The center also has 3 dental rooms, a cosmetic surgery room, and a laser room. Procedures and treatments carried out here, include general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, orthodontics, cosmetology, laser hair removal, and dermatological peelings.
The staff at the British Lasik and Cosmetic Surgery Center are known for their surgical excellence, and ability to put patients at ease. The staff aim to guide and educate patients from initial consultation, through post treatment recovery. The doctors at the center have trained and practiced all over the world, from America and Europe to the Middle East and Australia. The doctors are backed up by an equally capable team of nurses and coordinators.
Dr. Ahmed Mohamed El Motassem
- Specializes in ophthalmology -Completed a residency in ophthalmology at Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
- Completed a fellowship in cornea and refractive surgery at the McDonald Eye Associate clinic, Arkansas, USA
- Professor of ophthalmology at Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
- Pioneer in introducing implantable contact lens surgery, laser cataract surgery, and the first IntraLASIK procedures in the Middle East
- Member of the Egyptian Ophthalmic Society and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive surgery
Dr. Janice Lynn Glaser
- Specializes in ophthalmology, with over 25 years of experience
- Graduated with a degree in ophthalmology from the Southern California College of Optometry, USA in 1990
- Particular expertise in gas permeable contact lens
- Faculty member of the Johnson and Johnson Vision Care Institute, Dubai
Dr. Imran Taher
- Specializes in plastic and cosmetic surgery
- Gained international clinical experience working as a registrar at the Salisbury’s Odstock Hospital for Plastic Surgery, Oxford’s Radcliffe Hospital, and St Andrew’s Hospital for Plastic Surgery and Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford, UK
- Gained further experience working at Our Lady’s Hospital for Sick Children and St. James Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Glasgow, UK, the Royal College of Surgeons in England, UK, and the the Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
Dr. Eyad Hamade
- Specializes in orthodontics
- Graduated with a degree in dentistry from the University of Damascus, Syria in 2001
- Earned a diploma in orthodontics
- Graduated with a Master's degree in orthodontics New Castle University, England, UK
- Author of various publications in well known dental journals
Dr. Claude Haddad
- Specializes in general dentistry and endodontics
- Graduated with a degree in dentistry from the University of Damascus, Syria in 2002
- Graduated with a Master's degree in endodontics from University of Damascus, Syria in 2005
- Currently involved in clinical laser research
- Specializes in aesthetic and wellness treatments
- Earned a diploma from the Cleopatra Cosmetics Preuniversity School for Cosmetic Teaching, Bucharest, Romania in 1994
- Earned a diploma in massage therapy from UCECOM Spiru Heart School Group of Arts and Crafts, Bucharest, Romania in 1998
- Completed advanced training courses in hair removal and skin rejuvenation treatments
The clinic was visited by a Medigo team member
Accessing the clinic is easy as it's possible to go to a nearby metro station and from there to walk for 15-20min, take the bus for about 10min or taxi for 5min. Parking spaces are limited but they are clearly marked. Everything inside looks and feels new. The consultation, treatment and waiting rooms are very big and spacious. Every piece of equipment was recently bought and just installed. The staff were all very pleasant and friendly.
External Reviews from Google
Amanda Heintz, May 2018
Dr. Eyad Hamade is an excellent orthodontist who is part of this practice. He took a much gentler approach to my child's dental problems than what was suggested by other orthodontists we had seen, and has used newer and more innovative approaches. He is very kind and treats his patients with respect. We have been very satisfied with his treatment.
Alex Barbu, October 2017
Exelent services. The best dental and ophthalmology services you can find in Dubai. I had my LASIK done there, couple of years back, and everything was/is perfect.
Mohammed Aljeaidi, January 2017
For many years i was afraid of the lasik surgery, but my visit to the center was comforting with all welcoming staff. I am happy with my surgery. Excellent vision 6/6.. no more glasses.. Thanks to Allah and the skillful doctors.
Eleftheria Karapataki, November 2016
The clinic is clean and there was no delay in my appointment . The doctors were very professional . The eye doctor knew exactly what was wrong with my eye which was interesting as I had seen 3 doctors prior to this clinic and nobody could fix my problem. I also visited the dentist there he also was able to determine the reason my teeth were staining . I also tried the whitening there . Amazing results that lasted forever . I highly recommend the clinic !
oana t, November 2016
Excellent clinic, clean and safe, doctors and all staff very professional, knowledgeable and carrying! These guys have the latest technology for vision correction - the femtosmile! Makes a huge difference!! I was briefed on all types of vision correction technologies before deciding, which one to choose! No compromise when it comes to my eyes, my vision! The femtosmile technology is least invasive, lowest risks, amazing results and recovery is much quicker!