Medeor 24x7 Hospital Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
A quote includes a treatment plan and price estimate.
Medeor 24x7 Hospital Dubai is a multi-specialty hospital that was founded in 2014. The hospital is accredited by the US Joint Commission International (JCI).
There are 100 patient beds and 85 treatment rooms at the hospital, as well as over 20 medical departments that include orthopedics, neurology, cardiology, gynecology, internal medicine, general surgery, and urology. All of the departments offer 24/7 care and are supported by a fully equipped diagnostic and imaging facility. The departments are staffed by highly trained doctors who are assisted by skilled nurses and technologists.
The hospital offers convenient services for their international patients including medical record translation, interpreter services, and airport pick-up and drop-off. Facilities and amenities at the hospital include a pharmacy, phones for making international calls, and free WiFi throughout the hospital. All international patients are assigned an international patient coordinator who will assist the patient before and after their treatment.
Medeor 24x7 Hospital Dubai works with a range of international health insurance providers such as Alliance, AXA, MetLife, Connex, and NOW Health International.
Medeor 24x7 Hospital Dubai is located 7 km from Dubai International Airport, which is accessible via the MRed rail line.
Dubai is renowned for its shopping and entertainment opportunities, as well as its modern architecture. The Emirates Tower Two is a 56-storey hotel in Dubai that includes 40 luxury suites, restaurants, and a variety of shopping opportunities, is located 7 km away from the hospital.
The BurJaman shopping center is another popular attraction in the area, located just 1 km away. Ther Deira Spice Souk, a traditional Arabian market filled with spice stalls and jewellery shops, can be reached within 7 km from Medeor 24x7 Hospital Dubai.
Arabic, English, French, Hindi, Russian
271 procedures across 31 specialties
A cholecystectomy is a surgical procedure that is performed to remove the gallbladder. The gallbladder is an organ located below the liver, which serves the function of collecting and storing bile, which is the fluid produced by the liver, before breaking it down and releasing it into the small intestine.
1 - 2 weeks
Some patients will have dissolvable stitches, whereas others return after 7 days to have them removed. Patients who have open surgery will need a longer recovery time.
- Learn more about Cholecystectomy
A colonoscopy is an examination of the large intestine, the colon and rectum, using a small camera.
3 - 4 days
Patients should arrive at least 2 days before the colonoscopy, as the bowel needs to be cleared the day before the procedure. Patients who have interventional treatment during the colonoscopy, e.g. removal of a polyp, may need slightly longer to recover.
- Learn more about Colonoscopy
See 1 type of Colonoscopy procedures:
>Bariatric Surgery(6 procedures)
Bariatric Surgery Consultation+ More
Gastric Balloon Treatment+ More
Gastric ballon treatment involves inserting a deflated ballon into the stomach and then inflating it, in order to help lose weight. The balloon serves the purpose of limiting food intake by taking up space in the stomach and thus creating a sense of fullness after eating small amounts of food.
1 - 5 days
Patients may experience some pain, nausea or discomfort in the first days after insertion, therefore may need to rest before traveling.
- Learn more about Gastric Balloon Treatment
Gastric Band Surgery+ More
Gastric band surgery is a weight-loss surgery which uses an inflatable silicone band to create a small gastric pouch in the stomach, slowing down food consumption and limiting food intake. The surgery is performed to help patients with weight-loss after non-surgical methods such as change of diet and regular exercise, have failed to produce results.
The doctor should ensure that the patients condition is stable enough to travel.
- Learn more about Gastric Band Surgery
Cardiology Consultation+ More
Coronary Angiogram+ More
Coronary Angioplasty+ More
>Colorectal Medicine(9 procedures)
Anal Abscess Drainage+ More
Anal Cyst Removal+ More
Anal Fissure Treatment+ More
A gingivectomy procedure involves the surgical removal of unhealthy gum tissue. The dentist will often use a sharp utensil, and cut away a small amount of the gums, revealing more of the tooth. This is used in the treatment of gum disease. Some dentists use laser treatment, cryosurgery or other methods to remove unhealthy gum tissue.
1 - 2 days
Impacted Tooth Extraction+ More
An impacted tooth is a tooth which has been unable to emerge through the gums. This usually happens because of overcrowding, and is most common with wisdom teeth. It can result in the tooth only partially erupting or becoming fully impacted beneath the gum.
2 - 3 days
Some patients allow a few days before travel in case of pain or difficulty speaking. This may be recommended for patients having several teeth removed.
- Learn more about Impacted Tooth Extraction
Implant-Supported Dental Bridge+ More
Acne Scar Treatment+ More
Acne scar treatment aims to eliminate or reduce the scars caused by acne. There are a number of available acne scar treatments including chemical peel, dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, and laser/light therapy.
- Learn more about Acne Scar Treatment
Acne Treatment+ More
Acne is caused by the oil glands in the skin becoming blocked by sebum, skin cells and hair. Most people will suffer with a degree of acne in their lives, but for some it can be severe and can cause low self-esteem. For patients with very severe or persistent acne, treatment can help alleviate symptoms and reduce scarring.
- Learn more about Acne Treatment
Actinic Keratoses Treatment+ More
>Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)(14 procedures)
>General Medicine(9 procedures)
Female Health Checkup+ More
General Medicine Consultation+ More
Hyperbaric Medicine+ More
>General Surgery(14 procedures)
An appendectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove the appendix. The appendix is located where the small and large intestine meet and its function is not known. The appendix is usually removed as an emergency procedure when the patient has appendicitis, which is the inflammation of the appendix.
- Learn more about Appendectomy
Breast Abscess Drainage+ More
Breast Lumpectomy+ More
Antenatal Care (ANC)+ More
Bartholin's Cyst Treatment+ More
This procedure treats a Bartholin's cyst through incision and drainage. A Bartholin's cyst is a small fluid filled sac just inside the vagina. The cyst forms on the Bartholin's gland which is a gland that produces fluid that lubriates the vagina, when the glands become blocked. The cyst ranges in size and generally varies between the size of a pea, to the size of marble. If the Bartholin's cyst becomes infected, it is usually referred to as a Bartholin's abscess and generally requires drainage.
2 - 3 days
It is usually safe to fly afterwards, but depending on the type of procedure, there may be a follow up visit required - e.g. to remove a drainage catheter.
- Learn more about Bartholin's Cyst Treatment
>Laboratory Medicine(6 procedures)
Blood Test Package+ More
Blood Tests+ More
Genetic Testing+ More
Alzheimer's Disease Consultation+ More
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Consultation+ More
Epilepsy Consultation+ More
Brain Aneurysm Repair+ More
Brain aneurysm repair is a surgical procedure performed to repair a brain aneurysm that has the potential to rupture, or has already ruptured.
Time spent abroad depends on the type of brain aneurysm being treated. Unruptured aneurysms tend to have a quicker recovery process than ruptured aneurysms.
- Learn more about Brain Aneurysm Repair
Brain Tumor Surgery+ More
Brain tumor surgery is performed by a neurosurgeon to remove all or part of a tumor from the brain.
6 - 8 weeks
This depends on the surgery performed, whether the patient needs rehabilitation, and on how well the patient recovers.
- Learn more about Brain Tumor Surgery
Brachytherapy, which may be also referred to as internal radiotherapy, is a type of radiation therapy designed to treat cancer by placing a device with radioactive material inside the body. The treatment reduces the exposure of surrounding tissues and organs to the radiation, unlike external radiation treatment which exposes more than the targeted area to radiation.
The length of stay abroad will vary with each patient as it depends on how many sessions are necessary.
- Learn more about Brachytherapy
Cancer Screening+ More
Mohs Skin Cancer Surgery+ More
Blowout Fracture Treatment+ More
Cataract Surgery+ More
Cataracts are cloudy patches in the lens of the eye that are common as a result of aging. Cataract removal surgery is recommended for patients who experience impairment to vision and are sensitive to light as a result of the cataract. The surgery involves the removal of the natural lens and it is most commonly replaced with a synthetic lens.
2 - 3 days
Patients can usually fly soon after cataract surgery, but should take precautions to avoid dryness in the eye.
- Learn more about Cataract Surgery
Glaucoma Treatment+ More
Glaucoma treatment aims to relieve symptoms of glaucoma and prevent further damage, deterioration, and loss of vision. Glaucoma is an eye disease that causes damage to the optic nerve, which creates problems with vision and if left untreated, can lead to loss of vision.
2 - 7 days
- Learn more about Glaucoma Treatment
Ankle Arthroscopy+ More
Bunion Surgery+ More
Bunion surgery is a surgical procedure performed to re-align a deformed joint which has formed in the foot. A bunion is a deformity of the big toe which causes the bone and tissue located around the joint to become misaligned and to stick out.
- Learn more about Bunion Surgery
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Surgery+ More
Carpal tunnel surgery, which may also be referred to as carpal tunnel release, is a procedure performed to relieve pain and symptoms caused by carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition which causes numbness and tingling in the hands or arms. The condition occurs when the nerve in the hand becomes compressed.
Patients may require a follow-up appointment to get stitches removed. If patients need to fly sooner, this should be discussed with the surgeon.
- Learn more about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Surgery
>Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation(13 procedures)
Chiropractic Treatment+ More
Decompression Therapy+ More
>Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery(29 procedures)
Arm Lift+ More
An arm lift, also referred to as a brachioplasty, is a surgical procedure to firm and reshape the upper arms. The surgeon may use liposuction to remove excess fat and skin and reposition the remaining skin to tighten it.
The patient might have to stay until the sutures can be removed, and should ask the surgeon. It should be possible to fly home within 7 to 10 days.
- Learn more about Arm Lift
Body Lift+ More
A body lift is a combination of surgical procedures designed to improve the overall appearance of the patient's body, by removing excess skin and tightening the remaining skin. A body lift also involves the removal of underlying excess fat and can treat cellulite.
The procedure is most commonly performed on patients who have undergone bariatric surgery to lose weight, or who have lost significant amounts of weight through diet and exercise, and are left with excess skin around the body.
1 - 2 weeks
Patients must check with their surgeon that they are fit enough to fly home, as well as taking necessary precautions against deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Learn more about Body Lift
Breast Augmentation+ More
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure to change the size and shape of the breasts. While many patients opt to have breast implants inserted to increase breast size, breast augmentation more commonly refers to the enlargement of the breasts using fat transfer.
- Learn more about Breast Augmentation
>Reproductive Medicine(7 procedures)
Artificial Insemination+ More
Artificial insemination is the direct insertion of sperm into a woman's uterus, cervix, or fallopian tubes with the aim of achieving pregnancy. By directly inserting the sperm, it makes easier for the sperm to travel and fertilize the egg.
5 - 7 days
- Learn more about Artificial Insemination
Fertility Assessment+ More
Follicle Tracking Ultrasound+ More
>Spinal Surgery(18 procedures)
Artificial Disc Replacement+ More
Cervical Disc Disease Treatment+ More
Circumcision is a surgical procedure to remove the foreskin which covers the glans penis (the tip of the penis). The procedure can be done by cutting around the foreskin with a scalpel, under either a local or general anesthetic. In young patients, there is also the option to use a compression ring, which is applied and causes the foreskin to fall off after several weeks.
Although patients can usually fly straight away, it may be uncomfortable sitting for a long flight.
- Learn more about Circumcision
Hypospadias Treatment+ More
Allergology Consultation+ More
Allergy Testing+ More
>Infectious Diseases(2 procedures)
Hepatitis Consultation+ More
HIV Consultation+ More
Anesthesia is administered to patients to numb a specific area or to make a patient unconscious while performing a procedure. The main types of anesthesia are local, regional, and general anesthetic. They are sometimes given in combination with one another, as well as in combination with oral or intravenous (IV) sedation.
1 - 2 days
Patients can travel immediately after local anesthetic. After a general anesthetic, patients can travel as soon as the effects have worn off and their condition is stable.
- Learn more about Anesthesia
>Diagnostic Imaging(1 procedure)
>Maxillofacial Surgery(1 procedure)
Maxillofacial Surgery Consultation+ More
Nephrology Consultation+ More
>Podiatric Medicine(1 procedure)
Orthotics Treatment+ More
>Pulmonary and Respiratory Medicine(1 procedure)
More about available treatments at Medeor 24x7 Hospital Dubai
The 3 most performed procedures at Medeor 24x7 Hospital are laparoscopic pelvic floor repair, wave lithotripsy (ESWL) treatment for urinary stones, and laparoscopic hysterectomy. Other procedures performed at the hospital include aortic valve replacement, brain aneurysm repair, brain tumor surgery, gastric band surgery, gastric bypass surgery, and knee replacement, amongst others.
Medeor 24x7 Hospital has a diagnostic and imaging facility, which is fully equipped with the latest diagnostic technology, including a 1.5 Tesla MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scanner, a high end 160-slice CT (compute tomography) scanner, and a dual detector X-ray.
The team at Medeor 24x7 Hospital Dubai is well trained and includes a number of specialists who are experts in their respective fields. Many of the doctors have over 15 years of experience working in national and international medical establishments.
The doctors belong to a number of national and international boards and societies, such as the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine, the European Society of Gynecological Endoscopy, and the Indian Academy of Physicians.
The staff speaks a variety of languages including English, Arabic, French, Russian, Hindi, and Tagalog. Interpreter services are available in additional languages.
Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil
- Managing Director of VPS Healthcare and Medeor 24x7 Hospital Dubai
Dr. Ahmed Alhaj Saleh
- Specializes in internal medicine
- Graduated with a degree in medicine from the Arab Medical University Benghazi, Libya, in 1989
- Graduated with a diploma in dyslipidemia from the Boston University, USA, in 2013
- Particular expertise in the treatment of diabetes, hyperlipidemia, hypertension, anemia, and chest problems ranging from bronchitis to asthma
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, and the Royal College of Physicians of London
- Member of the Libyan Medical Association
- Speaks English and Arabic
Dr. Zeeshan Khan
- Specializes in internal medicine
- Graduated with a degree in medicine from the Gujarat University, India
- Particular expertise in the treatment of chronic conditions such as diabetics, hypertension and ischemic heart diseases
- Member of the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine, the Royal College of Physicians, and the Indian Academy of Physicians
- Speaks English, Hindi, and Urdu
Dr. Mohamed Shafeeq
- Specializes in internal medicine
- Graduated with a Master's degree in internal medicine from the Sri Siddhartha Medical College, India, in 2006
- Fellow of the Academy of General Education, Manipal, India
- Particular expertise in management of all acute medicine cases, chronic conditions, and infective disorders
- Speaks English, Hindi, Urdu, Kannada, and Malayalam
Dr. Ritu Khare
- Specializes in general surgery, with over 15 years of experience
- Graduated with a master’s degree in general surgery from the King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
- Completed a fellowship in laparoscopic and bariatric surgery at the Institute of Laparoscopic Surgery, Bordeaux, France
- Completed a fellowship in gastrointestinal surgery at the Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India
- Particular expertise in laparoscopic surgery of the gall bladder, hernia, appendix, ovarian cyst, and small bowel
- Speaks English, Hindi, and Urdu
Dr. Mahendra Rajan
- Specializes in general surgery
- Graduated with a degree in medicine and surgery from the Madras Medical College, India in 1991
- Graduated with a Master’s degree in general surgery from the Government Kilpauk Medical College, India in 2012
- Particular expertise in basic and advanced laparoscopic surgery including hernias (of the inguinal and abdominal wall), reconstructive pancreatic surgeries, and radical surgeries for gastro-intestinal cancer
- Speaks English, Hindi, Tamil, and Malayalam
Dr. Amgad Farouk
- Specializes in urology
- Graduated with a degree in medicine from Cairo University, Egypt, in 1989
- Graduated with a Master’s degree in medicine in urology from Cairo University, Egypt
- Completed a fellowship in advanced laparoscopic urologic surgery at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, USA
- Member of the American Urological Association, the European Association of Urology, the International Society for Men’s Health, the Society Internacionale D’Urologie, the Egyptian Urological Association, the Emirates Medical Association, and the Emirates Society of Urology
Dr. Sanjay Bhat
- Specializes in urology
- Particular expertise in endourology, laparoscopic surgery, reconstructive urology, and renal transplantation
- Speaks English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam, and Konkani
Dr. Sami Samer Alhashmy
- Specializes in cardiology
- Particular expertise in the management of hyperlipidimia, complicated and resistant hypertension cases (mainly for chronic kidney disease), and complicated arrhythmia, including atrial fibrillation
- Speaks English and Arabic
Dr. Rajesh Devassy
- Specializes in gynecology
- Particular expertise in laparoscopic pelvic floor repair, laparoscopic gynecology cancer surgery, laparoscopic subtotal hysterectomy, laparoscopic total hysterectomy, laparoscopic abdominal emergency surgery, and laparoscopic pre sacral neurectomy surgery for chronic backache
- Member of the European Society of Gynecological Endoscopy, the Indian Society of Gynecological Endoscopy, and the American Association of Gynecological Laparoscopists
- Speaks English, Hindi, Malayalam, and Kannada
Dr. Udaya Chand Das
- Specializes in ENT (ear, nose, and throat)
- Particular expertise in ear microsurgery and endoscopic sinus and nasal surgery
- Speaks English, Malayalam, Hindi, and Kannada
Dr. Anurag Sapolia
- Specializes in orthopedics
- Particular expertise in the treatment of ligament injuries to the knee
- Speaks English, Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, and Gujarati
The clinic was visited by a Medigo team member
Access is to the hospital is very easy and it is located quite close to the main road. There is a lot of parking - paid, free, or valet. The interior is quite modern and very clean. Everywhere you go, you can smell the freshness. All of the staff members were kind and nice.
External Reviews from Google
Emily Austria, August 2019
Dr. Rohit is amazing and he explained all the procedures very clearly even though within few minutes. He is a blessed doctor with Golden hands. All Staff and nurses are very helpful and the accommodation facility is very nice. I am comfortable with all services.
Thanks to Medeor...
Sammy Benito, August 2019
My heartfelt thanks to Medeor hospital management especially to Dr Abner and his team who attended me very well, the way they responded to my needs and giving me a clear answers on all my questions regarding my case. The food being served including the way it was served was really great. The cleaners who maintained the room was good. In general your employees and your servises is worth sharing to friends.
Once again, thank you and may the Lord bless you all!
Evgenia Brusenskaya, July 2019
Today was my last physiotherapy session at Medeor hospital in Dubai. I want to thank Mr. Meryl Joe Colaco for bringing me back to normal life. You was the only one out of all doctors who was fighting for my health and made me walk again without operation. Meryl is not only a great professional who loves what he does but he is a person with a big heart. It was the best decision for the hospital management to hire him. I definitely recommend Mr. Meryl to everyone as a great physiotherapist and Medeor hospital in general for the great experience
swathi kurup, July 2019
The service provided was really good. Really good and humble staff members. Also all the nurses are very patient and calm with the patient. Really appreciate the good service provided to us. The food was also good.
Yousef Sheikh, June 2019
Good hospital with great service. Dr. Shafeek has been great during my experience with the hospital. Was admitted for 6 days and the overall experience including the nursing staff and other services made my stay pleasant. Have been to many other hospitals I believe Medeor stands out from an overall experience. Main thing is the doctors are great and the facilities are in high standards.