NMC Hospital DIP
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
A quote includes a treatment plan and price estimate.
NMC Hospital DIP is a multispecialty hospital that is part of the NMC Healthcare group, the largest healthcare provider in the UAE. The NMC Healthcare group has 30 healthcare facilities around the world and is experienced in treating international patients, with over 3 million patients from over 25 different countries treated by the group each year.
NMC Hospital DIP has 60 patient beds, 40 consultation rooms, 4 operating theaters, 2 delivery rooms, and an ICU (intensive care unit). The room types available at the hospital include VIP suites, private rooms, and shared rooms.
As a multispecialty hospital, NMC Hospital DIP has 25 medical departments that include plastic surgery, dermatology, ophthalmology, reproductive medicine, gynecology, orthopedics, spinal surgery, neurology, cardiology, and oncology, amongst others. The hospital also has a number of specialized clinics that include a joint pain clinic, headache clinic, and back pain clinic.
The hospital provides a number of useful services including assistance with hotel booking, airport transfer to and from the hospital, interpreter services, and medical record translation. Facilities at the hospital include a pharmacy, nursery, and launderette.
NMC Hospital DIP is partnered with and accepts a range of major international health insurances such as Aetna, AXA Insurance, Metlife, Abu Dhabi National Insurance Company, and Allianz Worldwide Care.
NMC Hospital DIP is located in the Dubai Investment Park, 44 km from the Dubai International Airport, which is accessible via public transport or taxi.
Dubai is the entertainment and shopping capital of the UAE and is renowned for its modern architecture. The Els Club, a complex that includes an 18-hole golf course, a luxury spa, and wellness center, is located 12 km from the hospital.
The Mall of the Emirates, which hosts over 400 shops and has an international food court, indoor ski slope, and a large entertainment center with rides, can be reached within 21 km from the hospital.
Arabic, English, French, German, Russian
109 procedures across 20 specialties
>General Surgery(8 procedures)
An appendectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove the appendix. The appendix is located where the small and large intestine meet and its function is not known. The appendix is usually removed as an emergency procedure when the patient has appendicitis, which is the inflammation of the appendix.
- Learn more about Appendectomy
Diagnostic Laparoscopy+ More
Hernia Repair+ More
Hernia repair is a surgical procedure performed to repair a hernia, which occurs when tissues or organs protrude through the wall in which they are contained. There are different types of hernias that can occur and these include inguinal hernia, hiatal hernia, and umbilical hernia.
1 - 2 weeks
After abdominal surgery, patients should get approval from their surgeon before flying. Traveling too soon after abdominal surgery could result in tearing the sutures. Patients may also find it uncomfortable to carry luggage or sit for long periods.
- Learn more about Hernia Repair
See 1 type of Hernia Repair procedures:
Inguinal Hernia Surgery
>Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)(8 procedures)
Myringoplasty, also referred to as tympanoplasty, is a surgical procedure to repair a perforated eardrum (the tympanic membrane) usually caused by infection or trauma.
The surgeon should ensure that eardrum has healed before the patient can fly, as changes in air pressure will affect the eardrum.
- Learn more about Myringoplasty
Endometriosis Treatment+ More
Endometriosis treatment aims to alleviate symptoms of endometriosis through pain medication, hormone therapy, or surgery. Endometriosis is a condition in which the tissue that lines the uterus to develop outside of the uterus. In endometriosis patients, the tissue is often found on the ovaries, in the bowel, or around the pelvis. However, it is not exclusive to these areas of the body, in rare cases, it can be found elsewhere in the body.
The time needed will depend on the type of treatment.
- Learn more about Endometriosis Treatment
Fetal Echocardiography+ More
A hysterectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove the uterus (womb). It is performed to treat a variety of different conditions, heavy periods, pelvic pain, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, uterine cancer, fibroids (benign tumors), endometriosis, and chronic pelvic pain. Hysterectomies are most commonly performed in women above the age of 40.
1 - 3 weeks
Patients will likely need several weeks before they are fit to travel following a hysterectomy.
- Learn more about Hysterectomy
Alzheimer's Disease Consultation+ More
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Consultation+ More
Dementia Management+ More
Brain Aneurysm Repair+ More
Brain aneurysm repair is a surgical procedure performed to repair a brain aneurysm that has the potential to rupture, or has already ruptured.
Time spent abroad depends on the type of brain aneurysm being treated. Unruptured aneurysms tend to have a quicker recovery process than ruptured aneurysms.
- Learn more about Brain Aneurysm Repair
Brain Tumor Surgery+ More
Brain tumor surgery is performed by a neurosurgeon to remove all or part of a tumor from the brain.
6 - 8 weeks
This depends on the surgery performed, whether the patient needs rehabilitation, and on how well the patient recovers.
- Learn more about Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Screening+ More
Chemotherapy is the use of medicine or drugs that contain chemical substances to treat cancer. It can be used in combination with other cancer treatments such as radiotherapy or surgery. Chemotherapy works by destroying cancerous cells that quickly develop or multiply.
The amount of time abroad will depend on how many chemotherapy cycles are required.
- Learn more about Chemotherapy
Oncology Consultation+ More
Once a patient has been diagnosed with cancer, the first step in getting treatment is to make an oncology consultation, to discuss the treatment options with a specialist.
The patient may choose to return home after the consultation and return to the clinic once the treatment is scheduled to begin.
- Learn more about Oncology Consultation
Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Treatment+ More
Wet macular degeneration is a chronic eye disease that causes vision loss in the center of the field of vision. Treatment aims to correct this before permanent damage to the patient's vision occurs.
2 - 3 days
Cataract Surgery+ More
Cataracts are cloudy patches in the lens of the eye that are common as a result of aging. Cataract removal surgery is recommended for patients who experience impairment to vision and are sensitive to light as a result of the cataract. The surgery involves the removal of the natural lens and it is most commonly replaced with a synthetic lens.
2 - 3 days
Patients can usually fly soon after cataract surgery, but should take precautions to avoid dryness in the eye.
- Learn more about Cataract Surgery
Glaucoma Treatment+ More
Glaucoma treatment aims to relieve symptoms of glaucoma and prevent further damage, deterioration, and loss of vision. Glaucoma is an eye disease that causes damage to the optic nerve, which creates problems with vision and if left untreated, can lead to loss of vision.
2 - 7 days
- Learn more about Glaucoma Treatment
Ankle Arthroscopy+ More
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Surgery+ More
Carpal tunnel surgery, which may also be referred to as carpal tunnel release, is a procedure performed to relieve pain and symptoms caused by carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition which causes numbness and tingling in the hands or arms. The condition occurs when the nerve in the hand becomes compressed.
Patients may require a follow-up appointment to get stitches removed. If patients need to fly sooner, this should be discussed with the surgeon.
- Learn more about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Surgery
Dupuytren's Contracture Treatment+ More
>Reproductive Medicine(7 procedures)
Artificial Insemination+ More
Artificial insemination is the direct insertion of sperm into a woman's uterus, cervix, or fallopian tubes with the aim of achieving pregnancy. By directly inserting the sperm, it makes easier for the sperm to travel and fertilize the egg.
5 - 7 days
- Learn more about Artificial Insemination
Embryo Freezing+ More
Embryo freezing, also referred to as embryo cryopreservation, is the freezing of embryos for use in future. It is often performed as part of an in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycle when there are more embryos produced than can be implanted into the uterus at one time.
Usually embryo freezing is performed following IVF treatment. It takes several weeks for the woman's natural cycle to be suppressed, the egg stimulation, egg retrieval, egg fertilization, and embryo cultivation to take place.
- Learn more about Embryo Freezing
Embryo Transfer+ More
Embryo transfer is the process whereby embryos (fertilized eggs) are transferred into the uterus to create a pregnancy. It is performed during the final stage of an IVF cycle, after eggs have been harvested and fertilized, or using frozen and then thawed embryos or donor embryos.
The fertility specialist may first provide medication to prepare the lining of the uterus to receive the embryo.
- Learn more about Embryo Transfer
>Spinal Surgery(20 procedures)
Artificial Disc Replacement+ More
Cervical Disc Disease Treatment+ More
Circumcision is a surgical procedure to remove the foreskin which covers the glans penis (the tip of the penis). The procedure can be done by cutting around the foreskin with a scalpel, under either a local or general anesthetic. In young patients, there is also the option to use a compression ring, which is applied and causes the foreskin to fall off after several weeks.
Although patients can usually fly straight away, it may be uncomfortable sitting for a long flight.
- Learn more about Circumcision
Kidney Stones Treatment+ More
Kidney stones are deposits of salts and minerals, such as calcium, which form inside the kidney. They are quite common, often more in men than women, and there are many factors that can increase the risk of developing kidney stones.
5 - 7 days
The time needed will depend on the type of treatment.
- Learn more about Kidney Stones Treatment
>Bariatric Surgery(2 procedures)
Gastric Bypass Surgery+ More
Gastric bypass surgery is performed to help patients to lose weight by reducing the size of the stomach. The surgery is performed to help patients with weight-loss after non-surgical methods such as change of diet and regular exercise, have failed to produce results.
Flying after surgery can increase the risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and patients will need to be cleared by the surgeon before flying.
- Learn more about Gastric Bypass Surgery
Gastric Sleeve+ More
Gastric sleeve surgery, which may also be referred to as sleeve gastrectomy, is a type of weight-loss surgery in which a large part of the stomach is removed. As a result, the remaining stomach is only around 25% of the size, meaning patients must eat smaller portions, and must modify their diet.
After gastric sleeve surgery, the patient will need to be cleared by the surgeon before flying.
- Learn more about Gastric Sleeve
>Colorectal Medicine(2 procedures)
Anal Fistula Surgery+ More
A hemorrhoidectomy is a surgical procedure used to treat hemorrhoids which are painful and do not respond to other non-surgical treatments.
1 - 2 weeks
Some doctors may want to follow-up with the patient 2 - 3 weeks later, however patients should discuss if they need to fly sooner.
- Learn more about Hemorrhoidectomy
A cholecystectomy is a surgical procedure that is performed to remove the gallbladder. The gallbladder is an organ located below the liver, which serves the function of collecting and storing bile, which is the fluid produced by the liver, before breaking it down and releasing it into the small intestine.
1 - 2 weeks
Some patients will have dissolvable stitches, whereas others return after 7 days to have them removed. Patients who have open surgery will need a longer recovery time.
- Learn more about Cholecystectomy
A gastroscopy is a diagnostic procedure in which a specialist uses a small camera to view the digestive tract (the gullet, stomach and duodenum). The camera (gastroscope) is a narrow flexible fibre-optic tube which is inserted through the mouth or nose.
1 - 2 days
>General Medicine(2 procedures)
Female Health Checkup+ More
Male Health Checkup+ More
>Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation(2 procedures)
Spinal Therapy+ More
Stroke Rehabilitation+ More
>Vascular Medicine(2 procedures)
Angiography, which may also be referred to as arteriography or angiogram, is a procedure performed to examine the inside of blood vessels, arteries, and veins through the use of images X-ray images.
1 - 2 days
- Learn more about Angiography
Anesthesia is administered to patients to numb a specific area or to make a patient unconscious while performing a procedure. The main types of anesthesia are local, regional, and general anesthetic. They are sometimes given in combination with one another, as well as in combination with oral or intravenous (IV) sedation.
1 - 2 days
Patients can travel immediately after local anesthetic. After a general anesthetic, patients can travel as soon as the effects have worn off and their condition is stable.
- Learn more about Anesthesia
>Infectious Diseases(1 procedure)
Hepatitis Consultation+ More
Rheumatoid Arthritis Consultation+ More
More about available treatments at NMC Hospital DIP
As a multi-specialist hospital, NMC Hospital DIP perform a range of procedures that include knee replacement, shoulder surgery, spinal fusion surgery, kidney stones treatment, abdominoplasty, breast implants, breast reconstruction, gastric bypass surgery, laparoscopic surgery, and hysterectomy.
Technologies used by the hospital include 2D echocardiogram, CT (computed tomography) scanner, mammogram, fluoroscopy, color Doppler ultrasound, X-ray, and ultrasonography scanner.
The team at the NMC hospital is comprised of many highly experienced doctors and physicians who are specialists in their respective fields.
Many of the doctors have received international education and training and are members of a number of national and international medical societies and boards related to their fields of expertise. In addition, many of the doctors are authors of international publications in scientific journals.
The staff at the hospital speaks a variety of languages including English, Arabic, Russian, German, French, Kiswahili, and Luganda. Interpreter services are available in additional languages if required.
Dr. Shoaib Yaqoob
- Specializes in cardiology, with over 18 years of experience
- Graduated with a degree in medicine and surgery from the University of Karachi, Pakistan
- Graduated with a diploma in cardiology from the Royal Brampton Hospital, London, UK
- Has performed over 7,000 coronary angiography procedures and over 3,000 coronary angioplasty procedures
- Speaks English, Urdu, Hindi, and Gujarati
Dr. Bhushan Jayade
- Specializes in oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Graduated with a degree in oral and maxillofacial surgery from the SDM College of Dental Sciences, Dharwad, India
- Completed a fellowship in oral surgery at the Royal College of Surgeons of England (FDSRCS) and the Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians of Ireland (FFDRCSI)
- Author of various international publications in scientific journals
- Speaks English, Hindi, Kannada, and Marathi
Dr. Jayanta Kumar Nath
- Specializes in ENT (ear, nose, and throat) with over 9 years of experience
- Graduated with a degree in medicine from the Silchar Medical College and Hospital at the Gauhati University, India
- Graduated with a Master’s degree in ENT surgery from Assam University, India
- Speaks English, Hindi, and Bengali
Dr. Xavier Garcia Aguilera
- Specializes in gastroenterology, with over 10 years of experience
- Graduated with a degree in medicine and surgery from the Catholic University of Santiago de Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Has performed over 10,000 endoscopies
- Speaks English, German, and Spanish
Dr. Asma Nasir
- Specializes in gynecology, with over 10 years of experience
- Graduated with a degree in obstetrics and gynecology from the College of Physicians and Surgeon, Pakistan, in 2009
- Particular expertise in the management of both normal and high risk pregnancies
- Has performed over 3,000 caesarean sections, caesarean hysterectomies, total abdominal hysterectomies, and laparotomies
- Speaks English, Hindi, and Urdu
Dr. Brijesh Bharadwaj
- Specializes in internal medicine, with over 15 years of experience
- Graduated with a degree in medicine and surgery from the SMS Medical College, Jaipur, India
- Graduated with a degree in internal medicine from the SMS Medical College, Jaipur, India
- Speaks English and Hindi
Dr. Santosh Kumar Sharma
- Specializes in neurosurgery
- Graduated with a degree in medicine and surgery from the SMS Medical College, Jaipur, India
- Graduated with a Master’s degree in surgery from the University of Salford, UK
- Completed a fellowship in surgical neurology at the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK
- Particular expertise in cranial and spinal surgery
- Successfully performed the neurosurgical separation of pygopagus twins at Mafraq Hospital
- Speaks English, Hindi, and basic Arabic
Dr. Dayananda H. V.
- Specializes in orthopedics, with more than 25 years of experience
- Graduated with a degree in medicine and surgery from J.N. Medical College, University of Karnataka, India
- Graduated with an Master’s degree in orthopedics from the University of Mysore, India
- Particular expertise in arthroplasty, arthroscopy, spine, trauma, and general orthopedics
- Speaks English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, and Malayalam
Dr. Parameswaran Subramanian
- Specializes in radiology, with over 10 years of experience
- Graduated with a degree in medicine and surgery from the Lokmanya Tilak Medical College, Sion, Mumbai, India
- Graduated with a Master’s degree in radiology from the Rural Medical College, Loni, Maharashtra, India
- Particular expertise in chest and cardiac CT
- Speaks English, Hindi, Marathi, and Tamil
Dr. Ahmed Saad Zaghloul
- Specializes in urology
- Graduated with a degree in urology from the Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
- Graduated with a diploma in laparoscopic urologic surgery from IRCAD, Strasbourg, France
- Trained and accredited in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and basic life support (BLS) by the American Heart Association
- Speaks English, Arabic, and German
Dr. Ajit Shyam Kanbur
- Specializes in obstetrics and gynecology, with 25 years of experience
- Particular expertise in laparoscopic hysterectomy and hysteroscopy procedures
- Special interest in vaginal hysterectomy, laparoscopic ectopic pregnancy, laparoscopic myomectomy, and endometriosis surgery
- Speaks English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarathi, and Kannada, and Sanskrit
The clinic was visited by a Medigo team member
The clinic is pretty far from the city but it's easy to find. Parking is not an issue because they have free valet parking. Traffic is usually pretty good at any time of the day. Everything seemed clean, modern, very tidy. The staff was kind and friendly.
External Reviews from Google
blessy1987 Mathew, September 2019
Good hospital with excellent facilities and service. Thanks to Dr.Kavitha (Gynecologist) she was very supportive , professional and kind. She listens and understands our problem. Highly recommended this hospital and doctor.
Zena subhi, August 2019
I would like to extend my sincere thanks to Dr. Abizer Kapadia, Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon and NMC Royal Hospital, DIP, Dubai. I am an arabic woman living in Dubai with my husband and children and have a small family business. I was diagnosed last year in August 2018 with Breast Cancer and I was fearing for my life. I went to Jordan to have the surgery, where they removed my breast and did a breast implant surgery. After about one month, the surgery had failed, and the implant got infected. I first came to NMC in September 2018, where they advised to remove the implant and meet Dr. Abizer. I had a surgery to remove the implant in October 2018. The infection settled down, but I was still missing a breast and very upset and depressed. Dr. Abizer suggested to have a major surgery to make a new breast for me using my tummy with microsurgery (an operation of 7-8 hours). Initially I was very scared and reluctant, but he explained things very nicely with full compassion and professionalism. Also, I did not have insurance and so cost of surgery was also too big asking. Again Dr. Abizer gave a very good price.
I finally had the surgery in 2019. I was still very scared and unsure and thought that I might even die. But finally, I have a very nice result with a great job done by Dr. Abizer and his Team, to do a Breast Reconstruction Surgery for me. I am now completely fine and healed and very happy with the result and would have another minor surgery in 3-4 months to make the breast shape better.
I highly recommend Dr. Abizer and his team for doing such unbelievable and fantastic work and would request all ladies to come forward and have breast Reconstruction Surgery and fight breast Cancer and feel like complete women again.
God bless them
أتقدم بخالص شكري إلى الدكتور أبيزر كاباديا ، جراح التجميل ومستشفى إن إم سي رويال ، مجمع دبي للاستثمار ، دبي. أنا امرأة عربية أعيش في دبي مع زوجي وأطفالي ولدي شركة عائلية صغيرة. تم تشخيصي في العام الماضي في أغسطس من عام 2018 مع سرطان الثدي وكنت أخشى على حياتي. ذهبت إلى الأردن لإجراء العملية الجراحية ، حيث أزالوا ثدي وأجروا عملية زراعة ثدي. بعد حوالي شهر واحد ، فشلت الجراحة ، وأصيبت عملية الزرع. جئت لأول مرة إلى NMC في سبتمبر 2018 ، حيث نصحوا بإزالة عملية الزرع والتعرف على الدكتور ابزر أجرى لي عملية جراحية لإزالة الزرع في أكتوبر 2018. استقرت العدوى ، لكنني كنت لا أزال أفتقد ثديًا وأزعجني كثيرًا وأكتئاب. اقترح الدكتور أبيزر إجراء عملية جراحية كبرى لإحداث ثدي جديد بالنسبة لي باستخدام بطني مع الجراحة المجهرية (العملية من 7-8 ساعات). في البداية كنت خائفة ومترددة للغاية ، لكنه أوضح الأمور بشكل جيد للغاية مع التعاطف الكامل والاحتراف. أيضا ، لم يكن لدي تأمين وبالتالي كانت تكلفة الجراحة كبيرة للغاية. مرة أخرى أعطى الدكتور أبيزر سعر جيد للغاية.
لقد أجريت العملية أخيرًا في 2019. كنت لا أزال خائفًا وغير واثق من أنني اعتقدت أنني قد أموت. لكن أخيرًا ، لدي نتيجة لطيفة جدًا حيث قام الدكتور أيسر وفريقه بعمل رائع للقيام بجراحة لإعادة بناء الثدي بالنسبة لي. أنا الآن بخير تمامًا وعلاجي وسعداء جدًا بالنتيجة ، وسأجري عملية جراحية بسيطة أخرى خلال 3-4 أشهر لتحسين شكل الثدي.
أوصي بشدة بالدكتور أبيزر وفريقه للقيام بهذا العمل الذي لا يصدق ورائع ، وأطلب من جميع السيدات التقدم وإجراء جراحة لإعادة بناء الثدي ومحاربة سرطان الثدي والشعور بالنساء الكاملات مرة أخرى.
الله يبارك لهم
Kainat Fatima, August 2019
I am giving five stars as i have a very good experience. I had five sessions of physiotherapy in NMC hospital with Ms.Amruta who is really kind. She explains everything in detail.
VijayKumar Chandrasekaran, July 2019
Very experienced and talented staff. Took enough time to understand the exact problems and gave therapy to solve it. I felt more comfortable and improved after the sessions. Thanks NMC and Mr.Suresh.
mohammed elkwisny, June 2019
Dear Dr. Mohammed Selim
Thank you so much for the difference you make in the lives of your patients, Your kindness, sincere caring, and concern make everything better and are a great encouragement. Thank you so very much for taking care of me and being so skilled at what you do. Every day of my life will be better because of you.
For all nurses:
I’m exceedingly satisfied with the professionalism and commitment to excellent nursing care.
I wanted to write to say thank you for making me feel better in such a short period of time.